Klipschorn or La Scala?

1 hour ago, Jimbohotwings said:

what would you pay for these? They're asking 3000?

3k$ is not bad at all for Khorns , but  being these are Decorators  which were the lowest priced Khorns , I would try   2500$ , 

23 hours ago, RandyH said:

3k$ is not bad at all for Khorns , but  being these are Decorators  which were the lowest priced Khorns , I would try   2500$ , 

Terrible advice. Prices have been on the rise lately. But just a couple of years back I sold two beautiful Walnut Oil B-style Khorns with a matching Belle center channel. All three had Dean-G XOs and original XOs. All three had Bob Crites tweeters and original tweeters. I sold all 3 for $3,500. I would not pay $1500 for those. YMMV.

15 minutes ago, rplace said:

Terrible advice. Prices have been on the rise lately. But just a couple of years back I sold two beautiful Walnut Oil B-style Khorns with a matching Belle center channel. All three had Dean-G XOs and original XOs. All three had Bob Crites tweeters and original tweeters. I sold all 3 for $3,500. I would not pay $1500 for those. YMMV.

I'm a noob when it comes to the older klipsch gear obviously and you've been super helpful already but is there anyway I could speak with you on the phone?

3 hours ago, rplace said:

Terrible advice. Prices have been on the rise lately.

in 1 sentence you say ,2500$ is bad advice ,  but in the other , you say the prices are rising which is accurate  .

Sorry , there are no khorns for 1500$  anywhere in 2020-21-22 unless they are DIY or beat up  , let's not kid ourselves or give @Jimbohotwings the illusion that 1500$ is even remotely possible for nice khorns  ,

@Jimbohotwings    negotiate the speakers but do not expect miracles   ,  if you do not buy these , someone else will ,,,,,the bass bins are  the same on all klipsch khorn models .   on Ebay , they would sell in a few hours   at the 3k$ asking price    .

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 5:16 PM, Budman said:

would love to have these as i could peak over the top and see Crankys Crossovers

Yeah, that's the thing about using Cranky's crossovers in Cornwalls, in that if all goes right they won't be seen for another 10 years (and that only because of being totally maintenance freakish by rotating the woofer). My Belle Klipsch do afford me the occasional benefit of seeing that handiwork every once in a while.

Point of fact I ended up with said Belles because I couldn't quite get the KHorns in the corners no way no how, but only by an inch.......Probably could have bought KHorns ten times over a stretch of about five years here, but just don't have the spot for those. Point being I sure tried, but literally moving brick is too much of a project no matter how much I wanted them back then.

OP is in for a good little journey here. Decorator '76's with laser badges, it looks to me......lots to work with; some extremely capable devices indeed despite the pared down nature of the "decorator" series.