Poll...How many people think it would be great if Elon purchased Klipsch?

Fish

9 hours ago, Fish said:

Just curious how many people think he could really help this company?

Egads are you high. Klipsch is as strong as they have ever been. The Heritage line is amazing and the Jubilee is on the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What you need to do is have Elon take over an electronics/audio component company, such that you can run your equipment on battery (DC) and therefore no "dirty power". If you could isolate the system from the grid on a strictly DC powered setup the noise floor would be non-existent; the system would have the absolute blackest of backgrounds.

There was a company doing similar some years ago (Red Wine Audio??) where they had an "amplifier" device that used a battery as power that yielded the quietest setup in the business.

Seems like an idea that could easily be expanded upon.

• Moderators
On 4/5/2022 at 1:05 PM, CWelsh said:

My comment was not meant to denigrate Mr. Musk at all. I know he is a brilliant engineer, but he hasn't done anything in the audio world that I know of. I just thought others might know something about him that would shed some light on the OPs question.

He's not even an engineer. Economics and Physics, I recommend his book highly, he surrounds himself with the right people, a model very similar to what Howard Hughes did for aviation.

I don't think he would have anything to add to a audio/speaker company. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

He's not even an engineer. Economics and Physics, I recommend his book highly, he surrounds himself with the right people, a model very similar to what Howard Hughes did for aviation.

I did not know that. I just assumed he was either an electrical or computer engineer. I guess we know what that makes me. Surrounding himself with the right people may be more important than his own technical abilities.

10 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Everyone needs help, even Musk, and accepting the help is why he is successful. IMHO, it would not be prudent to reject his help if it was offered.

The way some sound, if he has something to offer they'd rather him take his offer to Bose. 

I think the premise of the original question is an issue. The question implies that Klipsch NEEDS help. I didn't know it was so common to think that Elon Musk has the Midas Touch. He is a smart business man. No argument there, but no Midas.

I think Klipsch is doing great under the Voxx umbrella. I'm sure Klipsch would like more autonomy, but hey, you have to keep the investors happy. 

On 4/6/2022 at 4:47 PM, Curious_George said:

Just because you have a near unlimited source of money does not mean you can buy an existing company and make it better. This has been proven in all product areas. 

Maybe Elon needs to buy more Fish...

It's not about money, it's about decisions you make, I'll leave it at that. He just made a lot of people money, including himself, about a billion or so in a few weeks on ONE DEAL. He sure made that better..That's enough to buy a few companies

On 4/6/2022 at 2:34 PM, Travis In Austin said:

We certainly can think anything we like, for now. He appears to add to anything he touches so there's that.....And I just like him, he's never done anything to me.

I signed up for a  round trip to Mars  on Elon Musk Rockets , no news yet about the accommodations and the closest  Marriot, I only Fly 1st Class .Champagne , Filet Mignon , valet Service , klipsch sound system  ,

3 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Not much of a poll without a poll to place my vote. There is a way for OP to edit thread to provide us one.

Sorry, you can post your for or against or neutral opinion and I can figure out the rest. I'm also trying to encourage reading more,it's fundamental.

No thanks. My post will just end up getting deleted again, or I'll lose another friend, or the whole thread will magically disappear just like the last one I tried to post in. If there's another club you hang out in, send me a P M of your contact and I'll stop by there sometime. Peace.