Poll...How many people think it would be great if Elon purchased Klipsch?

Fish

He has come to believe that often personality is a better harbinger towards success than strict intellect.  So  that ideology  would most certainly be a major improvement if applied towards Klipsch's customer service department. Still one of the greatest examples of an oxymoron of all time.  Klipsch < service   

11 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

No thanks. My post will just end up getting deleted again, or I'll lose another friend, or the whole thread will magically disappear just like the last one I tried to post in. If there's another club you hang out in, send me a P M of your contact and I'll stop by there sometime. Peace.

IMHO, if you lose a 'friend' because of a post, then that person wasn't a friend. I don't agree with some things posted, but that doesn't change me or how I feel about the person who posted it, why should it? I like to learn, and to do so, I have to take in what I don't already know, regardless if I agree. The sobering cycle is that the more I learn, the more I find that I don't know. 

• Like 3

On 4/7/2022 at 7:02 PM, Curious_George said:

I think the premise of the original question is an issue. The question implies that Klipsch NEEDS help. I didn't know it was so common to think that Elon Musk has the Midas Touch. He is a smart business man. No argument there, but no Midas.

I think Klipsch is doing great under the Voxx umbrella. I'm sure Klipsch would like more autonomy, but hey, you have to keep the investors happy. 

I am doing great, but I need help and so does everyone else, including Klipsch and Musk. Letting haughtness set in will be detrimental, IMHO.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

IMHO, if you lose a 'friend' because of a post, then that person wasn't a friend. I don't agree with some things posted, but that doesn't change me or how I feel about the person who posted it, why should it? I like to learn, and to do so, I have to take in what I don't already know, regardless if I agree. The sobering cycle is that the more I learn, the more I find that I don't know. 

Whoa! 👐 You took me all wrong. In my post I was referring to many of my forum friends who posted something that resulted in their sudden and immediate dismissal. 🚫 Not the meaning as you took it, being something in a post causing me to lose friendship.

I was talking about real meaningful friendships being stripped away, and what I'm doing to find a cure from suffering more of those kind of losses.

If ever Elone or somebody else mekes a decision to enter such bussines, they need the know-how.

Does not matter if they chose to have somoene allready at hand or outside.

Proven fact.

If they were to riun the niche, fine.

If they are for advancement, they will treat it with respect.

That's where it all comes at. 

And start from that point onward.

I assume you're referring to Elon MUSK.

As I said above... Why?

First of all, Klipsch is owned by Voxx International. So Voxx would have to be open to selling Klipsch in the first place. Second, Klipsch is one of Voxx best, if not their best performing asset. Therefore they would want a premium for it. And Musk of course would have to decide how long it take for him to get back that premium price paid.

Regardless, what's the point? What Klipsch makes has nothing to do with what Musk, or any of his companies, his vision, is about. No Fit.

I'm sure you audio veterans (old timers) remember Audiovox. Well, that's what is now Voxx International. YMMV, but I never associated Audiovox with "finer" audio. They were the cheap go to alternative.

Well...I may agree, his "vision" would not currently be a "fit", here.  And...he currently has a lot on his plate trying to make the world a better place ......., and I would prefer he pursue that for now. So...for now Klipsch will just continue doing what it does.....On another note....does Klipsch have a twitter account ??

On 4/9/2022 at 3:13 PM, RandyH said:

I signed up for a  round trip to Mars  on Elon Musk Rockets , no news yet about the accommodations and the closest  Marriot, I only Fly 1st Class .Champagne , Filet Mignon , valet Service , klipsch sound system  ,

Really?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Elon will be making Twatter funny again..Sure, he's not perfect like us but he'll learn. He needs to stay away from crazy chicks for starters...That's already cost him more than I made in a decade. So...look out, he's talkin about buying Coca-Cola, returning it to it's origins. He's talkin about buying Micky Dees and fixin the ice cream machine. He may consider Klipsch and building a three way speaker people with families can afford ?? A center where people can call and get info or register a complaint that's taken seriously ?? Who knows.......All things are possible with Elon's bankroll.

11 minutes ago, Fish said:

He needs to stay away from crazy chicks for starters...

That ranks up there with, "Hold my beer."

Some things are universal. Some things are true. Some things are universally true.

Some things are universally true and profoundly sad.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:24 PM, Shiva said:

I have heard Elon refer to himself as the Chief Engineer at Space X. Didn't find the original vid, just this short.

By "Chief Engineer", could he have meant Head of Engineering?  No Engineering degree required?

1 hour ago, Islander said:

By "Chief Engineer", could he have meant Head of Engineering?  No Engineering degree required?

From what I 've read, not stating hard facts is,  the engineers he hired all failed in their first 3 attempts at getting a rocket to a successful launch.  So, he stepped in, took over the work and made it happen.