Finale Audio (Triode Labs) F138-FFX EL84 SE Integrated Amplifier - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

tlarwa

By all accounts one of the best EL84 amps on the market. And my experience with it has me believing that to probably be accurate (although I clearly haven't heard every EL84 amp out there). Dead quiet on my 101dB OB speakers. Passive attenuators, which is taken out of the circuit when wide open, per the manufacturer (I emailed them to find out). So easily used as an amp only with a pre of your choice.

This one has Hashimoto output, choke and power transformers, Cardas RCAs and binding posts, Furutech AC inlet and Mundorf and Jensen caps. See attached build sheet for details. Uses 2 EL84s, a 5AR4 rectifier and 12AX7 driver. Has 4 and 8 ohm taps and one input. I have a Schiit Sys that I could possibly throw in if you need additional inputs. It worked great with this amp. Puts out about 6 watts, which easily drove my speakers to deafening levels (will easily drive Klipsch). Also has a headphone input. The hole next to the headphone jack was apparently an LED that was removed, per Finale.

Included are a NOS set of Arcturus EL84s and a Sovtek 5AR4, as well as 5 or 6 pairs of Russian EL84s, a pair of VM EL84s, a potato masher 5R4 and an Electron 5U4G rectifier. In a nutshell, enough tubes to set you up for life. No power cord is included.

Great review here:

https://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0115/Triode_Lab_Finale_F138_FFX_Review.htm

NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Photos can be viewed through this link: https://postimg.cc/gallery/gdyJHNT

Reach out with any questions at all.

• Like 2

Very Nice Rig.

Try this, you can either use the website or put that little .zip unpacked somewhere on your pc.

No editing just click then select where you have the picture you want to put it. Found it here and it's perfect.

postimages   dot  org

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Very Nice Rig.

Try this, you can either use the website or put that little .zip unpacked somewhere on your pc.

No editing just click then select where you have the picture you want to put it. Found it here and it's perfect.

postimages   dot  org

That worked perfectly!  Thanks for the help, JohnJ.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

Here are the pics. They're pretty small pics. I'd replace them on Postimage with better ones.

Thanks for pointing that out.  New link has been added to my original post which now shows large images.  Not sure how to add them into the post as actual images though (vs. a link to Postimage).

6 hours ago, Schu said:

Nice!

there were a pair of 2A3 mono's for sale here locally to me and I almost bought them because I have always wanted to try a triode lab product, but alas they sold.

This is a well built piece ... dead quiet and sounds fantastic on high efficiency speakers.  

A litle bump.  This amp will make your heritage speakers SING!  

I'll be headed to MI this weekend for Easter and would consider meeting somewhere along the way (between Milwaukee and Lansing) if anyone is in the area.  I'll knock $100 off the price for a face to face delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly bumpage for a great integrated amp that will make someone's heritage speakers very happy!

I'd consider interesting trade offers (full or partial), or fair and reasonable offers.  Local delivery possible if you're in WI or IL.  

Thanks!

• tlarwa changed the title to FS: Finale Audio (Triode Labs) F138-FFX EL84 SE Integrated Amplifier - $2100
  • tlarwa changed the title to Finale Audio (Triode Labs) F138-FFX EL84 SE Integrated Amplifier - NO LONGER AVAILABLE