Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

50 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

$3,4998. plus tax.

These are $35,000 😕🤤🤤..... I thought they were $14,000, a pair. 

Am I correct are they $17,500 each...???.😭

OK I JUST watched the video; $17,499 each. Sorry for my ignorance. ThankYou for sharing.!!

I'm gonna go cry in my closet.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, RandyH said:

the older series were 14k$  ,  I almost bought a used pair late in 2020  for 5k$

No, this is incorrect by a factor of two.

The originals (2 way version - now called the "underground" and sometimes called the "rogue") were $7-8k for a pair. They were a heck of a deal. If you got a veneer on the baffle there was a 10-15% up charge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Anyone purchased a pair yet? Only for those with deep pockets, $3,4998. plus tax. Bet they sound fantastic in a large room. 

Roy assured me that these will sound fantastic even in a small room.  I've had two chances to hear them already, once at JubFest back in October and at the PWK Birthday Bash last month.  The sound from the speaker actually coheres into a single source quite a short distance away.  These can go in a smaller room than Khorns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RandyH said:

I was under the impression that the “underground/original” Jubilees were being discontinued, and once the last pair was sold, that would be the end of any new 1st-gen Jubilees.  Now, ‘The Jubilee’, the one that we see in all the new videos, is the only Jubilee that Klipsch would be building.  This was the printed word from Roy, but I’m not going to dig it up right now.  It is here on the Forum, from within the last 6 months. 

Is that advertisement current?  I think it’s been up for months.

11 hours ago, RandyH said:

My understanding is that the vendor had the last two pair of the "underground" Jubilees before they were discontinued by Klipsch. Veneer was applied and the vendor took advantage of the scarcity of the product.  Some would call this a smart business practice. Others might call this price gouging.

My comment still stands that before the "underground" Jubilee was discontinued, they were one of the great values (performance divided by price). They were selling for the last several years for between $ 7K and 8.5 K.  

Over the last decade or so I have helped a number of people purchase Jubilees. I have some experience on this. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Islander said:

Is that advertisement current?  I think it’s been up for months.

that's right , I had to dig  up the listing  to effectively  confirm  to our Forum members that the " underground Jubillee" sold as high   as 19,995$  in 2021   , up from 14.995$  in 2019  ,