Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

that's right , I had to dig  up the listing  to effectively  confirm  to our  forum members that the " underground Jubillee" sold as high   as 19,995$  in 2021   , up from 14.995$  in 2019  ,

I really have no idea where your information is coming from.

In Spring 2021, another member and I separately  contacted two vendors and were quoted the following prices for a pair of "underground" Jubilees (two-way, plain black and no DSP crossover). This was a month or two before the "underground " Jubilee was discontinued.

The vendor in Kentucky stated a price of about $9K

Spencer at American Cinema Equipment stated a price of $8.5 K (included free shipping). He had contacted Klipsch and  the factory said they would be available with about a two-week turn around.

I hope this sets the record straight and as such I am no longer interested.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Did the previous versions have the same huge Celestion driver as this new Jubilee or is something new?

As of 2018 or so, the 1st-gen Jubilee came with Klipsch K-691 drivers.  I have a pair in the K402 tweeter horns of my La Scala IIs.  The source was another Forum member who was upgrading his new 1st-gen Jubilees with Faital Pro drivers.

The new ‘The Jubilee’ comes with a new tweeter driver based on the Celestion 2050 driver.  However, Roy has come up with a new and more complex phase plug that improves the performance over the stock 2050 driver.  I don’t believe they’re available for purchase just now.

• Klipsch Employees
8 hours ago, Islander said:

As of 2018 or so, the 1st-gen Jubilee came with Klipsch K-691 drivers.  I have a pair in the K402 tweeter horns of my La Scala IIs.  The source was another Forum member who was upgrading his new 1st-gen Jubilees with Faital Pro drivers.

The new ‘The Jubilee’ comes with a new tweeter driver based on the Celestion 2050 driver.  However, Roy has come up with a new and more complex phase plug that improves the performance over the stock 2050 driver.  I don’t believe they’re available for purchase just now.

Do you have the settings for this combo?  I can’t seem to find it. 

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
9 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

I really have no idea where your information is coming from.

In Spring 2021, another member and I separately  contacted two vendors and were quoted the following prices for a pair of "underground" Jubilees (two-way, plain black and no DSP crossover). This was a month or two before the "underground " Jubilee was discontinued.

Spencer at American Cinema Equipment stated a price of $8.5 K (included free shipping). He had contacted Klipsch and  the factory said they would be available with about a two-week turn around.

Because there was two of these left, the price was raised. Not hard to understand. Sorry to hear that you are no longer interested. 

58 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Because there was two of these left, the price was raised. Not hard to understand. Sorry to hear that you are no longer interested. 

I think your tone of voice is unwarranted, but maybe this is what the internet has reduced us to (whoops, I ended the sentence on a preposition). 

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

I think your tone of voice is unwarranted, but maybe this is what the internet has reduced us to (whoops, I ended the sentence on a preposition). 

Lol. Interesting that you know what the tone of my voice is in a typed message. But I guess I can’t help it, so I’m going to. Lousy prep. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

I'd say you nailed it.  In the beginning, they were less than that.

Just for the record I purchased my underground set in Walnut, with DSP and shipped for $8500.00 from that place in KY in August of 2020.  Seems as though I was lucky to pull the trigger when I did!  Thanks Cory.

Jubilee.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LTusler said:

Just for the record I purchased my underground set in Walnut, with DSP and shipped for $8500.00 from that place in KY in August of 2020.  Seems as though I was lucky to pull the trigger when I did!  Thanks Cory.

yes , it was the Right Call     Fast forward only a few months in 2021 ....... 14,995$ ........19.995$  ,  in 2022  the closest speaker to the Jubilee is the AK6  -8249$   each ..... https://upscaleaudio.com/products/klipsch-klipschorn-ak6-loudspeaker-each   

1 hour ago, dmckean44 said:

I don't know if the quote is up to date, It was $10,295 for two of the KPT-JUBILEE/535-B two half years ago from American Cinema. 

This was when I bought my pair of KPT-904-Ms.

I would contact American Cinema Equipment again.

My understanding is that the original Jubilee (in a three-way version, as shown above) and the "underground" Jubilee (two-way version which is more common for home users) are no longer manufactured (as of about late last Spring). My guess is that the price you were quoted two years ago, was for the three-way version (the two-way was about $1 -$1.5K less). I assume you live in the US.

In my uneducated estimation,  if the two-way version (the "underground" Jubilee) was still available (at close to last year's price)  they would be enjoying brisk sales to the home market.

Either way, good luck,

-Tom

• Thanks 1