Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

3 hours ago, dmckean44 said:

As long as the 3-way version stays available, I'm fine. I could easily find a use for those extra K-510 horns with K-69 drivers. 

I believe all versions of the previous Jubilee (with the original KPT-KHJ-LF bas bin) have been discontinued.  My understanding was that the Heritage Jubilee will be the only verion available from now on.

1 hour ago, Curious_George said:

You mean the "ported bass horn half-baked" solution? (A quote from another forum member, which I disagree with)

Only someone who hasn't heard the new Jubilee would make such a comment.  I've had the great privilege of hearing the new Jubilee twice now, last October at JubFest and in March at the PWK Birthday Bash.  All the attendees at JubFest were Underground Jubilee owners or their significant others except for me.  (I was invited because I had put in my preorder for them in May of 2021.)  It was the unanimous opinion that the new Jubilee with its "horn-loaded vented system" bass bin was a significant improvement in every way over the Underground Jubilee.  Anyone thinking Roy would do anything "half-baked" is being ridiculous.  Also, it's not like this is the first implementation of the horn-loaded vented system.  Ask all the Underground Jubilee owners who purchased a KPT-1802-HLS (or the smaller 1502) cinema subwoofer to fill in the bottom octaves what they think of them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Only someone who hasn't heard the new Jubilee would make such a comment.  I've had the great privilege of hearing the new Jubilee twice now, last October at JubFest and in March at the PWK Birthday Bash.  All the attendees at JubFest were Underground Jubilee owners or their significant others except for me.  (I was invited because I had put in my preorder for them in May of 2021.)  It was the unanimous opinion that the new Jubilee with its "horn-loaded vented system" bass bin was a significant improvement in every way over the Underground Jubilee.  Anyone thinking Roy would do anything "half-baked" is being ridiculous.  Also, it's not like this is the first implementation of the horn-loaded vented system.  Ask all the Underground Jubilee owners who purchased a KPT-1802-HLS (or the smaller 1502) cinema subwoofer to fill in the bottom octaves what they think of them.

I agree with you, it's the person I quoted you'll need to convince...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MMurg said:

What he said.... I was there too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Curious_George said:

I agree with you, it's the person I quoted you'll need to convince...

I should have been clear that my statement wasn't directed at you.  It was directed at the other forum member that you were quoting and others who hold that unsubstantiated opinion.

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

I should have been clear that my statement wasn't directed at you.  It was directed at the other forum member that you were quoting and others who hold that unsubstantiated opinion.

There will always be doubters.  But it's OK.

• Moderators
On 4/16/2022 at 2:46 PM, RandyH said:

correct ,when the 1st generation of Jubilee was phased out , the Pro Jubilee was also out of production .

Kinda sorta, but not exactly. 

It centers around the bass bin, the bass bin for the Underground Jubilee and the Klipsch Professional systems from the time it was shown at CES in '01ish, up to 2021 was essentially the same bass bin, eventually designated the KPT-KHJ-LF ("KHJ") It had at least one update in terms of how it was built and braced, that happened in about 2007.  It was acoustically the same. There was one bass bin whether it ended up as a 2-way underground Jubilee or a 3-way KPT product. In professional there technically are not really model names, they are systems they package in the popular applications, like the Jubilee/535 which at one one theater chain used. I believe that chain had Roy come up with another system, possibly a DR 2-way with 402 so there wasn't going to be demand. Roy would have to confirm that.

The KHJ bass bin was discontinued last year. The put an end to the Underground Jubilee and an end to the Jubilee/535 Pro Cinema configuration.

So the KHJ is no longer available, thus the Underground Jubilee is no longer available. @Paducah Home Theater donated the 2007 prototype bass bins to the Museum, and they are being set up in the Home Theater addition, they are in the process of finishing up. I believe it will have an LS II for a center. So they will always be available to listen to. 

So it's simple, the KHJ was discontinued, and everything that the KHJ was an intregal part of like the Underground Jubilee, or Pro-Cinema were discontinued as a result. 

• Moderators
On 4/18/2022 at 11:28 AM, Curious_George said:

You mean the "ported bass horn half-baked" solution? (A quote from another forum member, which I disagree with)

I think I saw that statement somewhere, something to the effect that the new ported/horn loaded bass bin on the Jubilee doesn't have an association with PWK, is "all Roy," etc. That is actually incorrect. 

The history on this is quite clear. They were starting to finalize the Klipschorn Jubilee (PWK's name for it in 2001), and Roy began to show PWK the curves from his ported/horn loaded bass bin and PWK is apparently quite excited because it looked at though it was going to be an even better fit (less compromise?) PWK made the decision that they would go with the KHJ bass bin that he and Roy did together and get it to production, and then they would come out with a Klipschorn Jubilee II using the ported/horn loaded bin using Roy's patent. He wanted to launch the Klipsch Jubilee at a certain time. I think that is a common misconception because people are not aware of all of the things that went into that design, including everything that went into the AES article, which they revised for 3 or 4 years before approving for final publication.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

So it's simple, the KHJ was discontinued, and everything that the KHJ was an intregal part of like the Underground Jubilee, or Pro-Cinema were discontinued as a result. 

Curious if the new Jubilee bass bin would ever become available on its own as a subwoofer option or for other theater products? Seems as though it could be a nice home theater solution vs the much larger KPT-1802 that only goes down to 26hz compared to the 18hz of the new bin.