Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

16 minutes ago, Schu said:

I am really hoping for a smaller footprint Heritage based horn loaded subwoofer... someday

I agree, if I wanted to give up my guitar and bass amps, I could flip my Lascala center upside down and set it on top of the 1802, but I'd rather not. 

2 hours ago, Schu said:

I thought there was 1... then they decided to build 5 to sell???

Eric, what are you using to fill in your low frequencies now... the RSW?

2 Danley TH-215s They don't dig real deep, but for music they're good.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:18 PM, MMurg said:

Roy assured me that these will sound fantastic even in a small room.  I've had two chances to hear them already, once at JubFest back in October and at the PWK Birthday Bash last month.  The sound from the speaker actually coheres into a single source quite a short distance away.  These can go in a smaller room than Khorns.

The ideal loudspeaker!

If “coheres” into a single source means each speaker blending into a center single source or ghost center, I agree. Positioned properly my “underground” Jubes have done this trick for years. Pulled out from front wall and toed as to cross Behind my seated listening position does this is my room. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, richieb said:

If “coheres” into a single source means each speaker blending into a center single source or ghost center, I agree. Positioned properly my “underground” Jubes have done this trick for years. Pulled out from front wall and toed as to cross Behind my seated listening position does this is my room. 

I wasn't talking about stereo imaging, although the Jubilee are amazing at that.  I was speaking per individual speaker, of the HF and LF blending into a single sonic whole.  Basically, how far away from the speaker you have to be before you stop hearing the influence of individual drivers.  With some large speakers, you have to be a good distance away for this to happen.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MMurg said:

I wasn't talking about stereo imaging, although the Jubilee are amazing at that.  I was speaking per individual speaker, of the HF and LF blending into a single sonic whole.  Basically, how far away from the speaker you have to be before you stop hearing the influence of individual drivers.  With some large speakers, you have to be a good distance away for this to happen.

@Coytee has remarked on this for years, the single source illusion being much closer with Jube than KHorn.

KHorn sound wonderful in perfect cornered room at perfect distance, Jubes just sound wonderful:)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, babadono said:

@Coytee has remarked on this for years, the single source illusion being much closer with Jube than KHorn.

KHorn sound wonderful in perfect cornered room at perfect distance, Jubes just sound wonderful:)

Exactly.  The Underground Jubilee was excellent at this and the Heritage Jubilee actually improves on it.  It was the majority, if not unanimous (at least I don't remember anyone disagreeing), opinion of the attendees of JubFest back in October that the new Jubilee has better integration of HF & LF when Roy did the mono side-by-side demos for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

Exactly.  The Underground Jubilee was excellent at this and the Heritage Jubilee actually improves on it.  It was the majority, if not unanimous (at least I don't remember anyone disagreeing), opinion of the attendees of JubFest back in October that the new Jubilee has better integration of HF & LF when Roy did the mono side-by-side demos for us.

The Celestion is responsible for a lot of that, is it not?

6 hours ago, Schu said:

The Celestion is responsible for a lot of that, is it not?

That certainly is part of it.  The Celestion HF driver allowed the crossover point to be lowered.  That combined with the improved splay angles of the bifurcated LF horn mouths allows the polars of both horns to better match at crossover.  Also, the new phase plug extension for the Celestion/402 combo in the new Jubilee allows consistent HF polars up past 19 kHz.  This makes the polars very consistent across almost the whole frequency range, making the speaker sound pretty much the same at any spot within the whole horn coverage angle.

• Like 1

Well, today marks the one-year anniversary of my Jubilee preorder.  I knew when I placed the order that it would be some time before I'd get them.  However, I would not have guessed that one year later that I'd still be waiting.  Come on Klipsch, you can do it!  Push those things out the door!

Jubilee no tagline resized.png

• Like 1