Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

10 minutes ago, Schu said:

I am left wondering... if it may be somewhat due to the lack of Celestion AxiPerodic Drivers, let alone 'private label' units?

they been on back order for sometime now.

The latest delay (the reason it didn't launch at the end of last month) is a parts issue (supplier mistake) but it was not the Celestion driver.  That's all I'll say as I was told this privately. 

I have no idea what was originally promised ....... But that seems like a long wait.

Unless there is something I am missing, it obviously seems unacceptable. Is there another side to this story (and I don't mean excuses ....)?

Good luck,

-Tom

Funny … I ordered two doors with installation in October 2021 and was told the factory wouldn’t deliver to Lowes until mid January 2022 and a month to schedule the installation after that. Door arrived in mid January and actual installation wasn’t completed until mid March and don’t even get started on the total lack of communication from all parties involved in the process. Crazy Times we are living in currently.🙃 

miketn 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

I have no idea what was originally promised

There was no promised date.  I went in knowing that.  I wanted to be sure I was near the front of the line.  As someone who worked in product development for years, I know that new product launches can be delayed by many things.  I was told that pandemic had put the Hope plant way behind in production and it would take some time to catch up before they started on a new product.  So, I've given Klipsch a bunch of slack on this.  When they announced the Jubilee at CES 2021, the video that Roy made at the time just said, "summer of 2021".  I figured that would probably be more like the fall/winter 2021.  Now I'm just hoping I see them in "summer of 2022".  My patience is wearing a bit thin.  

Back in 2007, I bought a sofa and armchair from La-Z-Boy.  As they suggested, I brought a magazine and spent quite a while sitting on various reclining chairs before I narrowed it down to the one that seemed ideal, as confirmed by a comfortable half-hour sit.  I picked the fabric and colour that I liked, and learned that the reclining armchair would cost $1,000CAD and the reclining sofa would cost $2,000CAD.

"Okay, payment made, when do I get my stuff?"  Well, it turns out that the store carries no stock, just samples, and every piece is made to order, down in Georgia or somewhere near there, and then trucked all the way to Vancouver Island.  You don't hear about that in the TV ads.  They said it would take a few weeks.  It took twelve weeks!

On the bright side, customer service was great when there were some minor issues in the first few months, and I'm still sitting comfortably on the reclining sofa, in the stereo's sweet spot.  I even sleep on the sofa sometimes.  And the furniture still looks like new.  In this case, it did turn out to be worth the wait.  

I'm sure your Jubilees will also be worth the wait.  On the bright side, you're still at or near the front of the line.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:13 PM, MMurg said:

There was no promised date.  I went in knowing that.  I wanted to be sure I was near the front of the line.  As someone who worked in product development for years, I know that new product launches can be delayed by many things.  I was told that pandemic had put the Hope plant way behind in production and it would take some time to catch up before they started on a new product.  So, I've given Klipsch a bunch of slack on this.  When they announced the Jubilee at CES 2021, the video that Roy made at the time just said, "summer of 2021".  I figured that would probably be more like the fall/winter 2021.  Now I'm just hoping I see them in "summer of 2022".  My patience is wearing a bit thin.  

Honestly, this is par for the course these days.  Klipsch could probably make substitutes to get things out the door faster, or cheapen the product.  But it sounds like they don't/won't do that.

I do remember Roy stating that the plant could not do both the 75th Khorn builds and the Jubs at the same time.  Maybe there are a lot of Khorn orders.

10 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

I do remember Roy stating that the plant could not do both the 75th Khorn builds and the Jubs at the same time.  Maybe there are a lot of Khorn orders.

Yikes... that means that the assembly line needs retooling each time they need to switch models. I am left wondering if they are not reconsidering the release there of.

After requesting an approximate delivery date over and over with zero response I decided to live with my undergrounds. Was ready to write the check.

Our other member that has them on order either needs to be knighted or labeled a fool. APOLOGIES MY FRIEND.

• Like 1

• Moderators

How on earth is this Klipsch's problem? It isn't. 

It's 

7 hours ago, mark1101 said:

Honestly, this is par for the course these days.  Klipsch could probably make substitutes to get things out the door faster, or cheapen the product.  But it sounds like they don't/won't do that.

I think what they were saying is they sold out of the 75 pairs of the AK6 Anniv. Eds, plus had a good amount of orders for regular AK6, and to get caught up on official AK6 orders and if they needed to run full capacity to clear that back log they could only put out less than a few pairs of Jubilees a month. 

It wasn't so much that they cannot be made at the same time, but more of an allocation of labor. If they fulfilled all of the AK6 orders and worked down the backlog, it was going to limit how many Jubilees could be made. 

However, I also heard that was the way the plant manager and/or Roy wanted it any way. They wanted to start with just a couple or few pairs of Jubilees at a time until they were sure they had the production process down precisely the way they wanted it before they bumped that up. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Schu said:

Yikes... that means that the assembly line needs retooling each time they need to switch models. I am left wondering if they are not reconsidering the release there of.

We need to get you out to Hope (you can go by train by the way, it stops right in Hope). There isn't much "retooling" in the traditional sense. The "tools" are hands. The wood is all CNC, I'm not sure what the time is to switch from one speaker to another, but I don't think that is significant. Once they get those wood pieces they go to a team of two people (at least what I have seen, was a team of two for Khorns), and they put them together by hand, with glue and screws. Then it might be a run of La Scalas, and that team of two will switch to building those. They seem to be building 2 or 3 different speakers at the same time, it different areas (lines). It not an assembly line really, it is more areas of work. Building cabinets, sanding, finishing, etc. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 10:13 PM, MMurg said:

More then you know. For instance I want to build a speaker using 25mm Baltic Birch. It has not been available since last August and my only alternative is 18mm which I really don't want to do. Regular plywood and especially that odious MDF are out so many months later here we are in never never land. Right now if I want to order B&C drivers just for me it takes 5 to 7 MONTHS lead time. Worker shortages, especially skilled labor ones are pervasive and right now in many cases unsolvable. So the only answer is reduce hours open for business or cut back on what you make because your staff shortfall can only go so far. Eminence regularly runs out of drivers and all the time you can go to Parts Express and see out of stock everywhere. Often it take three months to see items back in stock and you can't afford to buy gobs of every single thing you use. This means that you concentrate on your most profitable and largest selling items first and deal with the rest as you can. I can only imagine the supply chain problems Klipsch faces and they have no control over much of it.

• Like 4