Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

28 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Wish I was closer and could offer to help you carry or wheel your Jubilees into your house! 😅

I have piano movers lined up to get them from the garage into the house.  Unfortunately, since I didn't have a delivery date until yesterday, I'll have to wait for an opening in their schedule.  So, I may have those boxes in the garage, taunting me, for a week or so.  😞 

5 minutes ago, MMurg said:

I have piano movers lined up to get them from the garage into the house.  Unfortunately, since I didn't have a delivery date until yesterday, I'll have to wait for an opening in their schedule. 

The important thing at that point is the safe handling and placement. It sounds like you have a good plan.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pnort said:

I'm confused about Jubilees -- why are these two-way speakers superior to the Klipschorn three-ways?

The number of "ways" does not always equate to "better".  Removing one crossover point means removing any issues introduced by another set of crossover filters.  Removing the extra driver removes issues like physical offset, interference, time misalignment, etc.  So, the Jubilee can approximate a point source all the way down to the crossover with the bass bin.  Also, the combination of the K-402 horn and the custom wide dispersion phase plug extension means greatly superior coverage control compared to the K-400 exponential midrange horn.  The K-400 looses vertical control way before they horizontal control, leading to inconsistent coverage.  The Celestion Axi2050 is also just a much better mid-high driver.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pnort said:

I'm confused about Jubilees -- why are these two-way speakers superior to the Klipschorn three-ways?

I also forgot to mention that the use of the DSP crossover allows for proper time and phase alignment.

4 hours ago, pnort said:

the  HF driver is seamless across the bandwidth  from  300 to 2Okz   , plus the Jubilee took almost 3 decades to perfect , and there is a Patent involved in the Design of the LF .

3 hours ago, pnort said:

If you are considering a purchase of either brand new, you must audition both. IMHO.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MMurg said:

I have piano movers lined up to get them from the garage into the house.  Unfortunately, since I didn't have a delivery date until yesterday, I'll have to wait for an opening in their schedule.  So, I may have those boxes in the garage, taunting me, for a week or so.  😞 

Say it ain't so....I would imagine they're packed like the underground version. Move the box and speaker into the room and remove the box from the speaker not the speaker from the box.. A couple men and a hand truck should do it.

I agree. With a hand truck and two men, it should be easy to move the bass cases in their packaging into the house. From your description, there are no stairs. When I got my Underground Jubilees in 2008 I had to carry them up two long flights of stairs with a buddy. But even that worked out fine.

The box is actually not that deep. It should actually work in the longitudinal direction. But of course you can measure it beforehand and if necessary unpack the box in front of the door on a soft carpet. And the rest you have to carry carefully with two or three people or take a rolling board. In principle, the piano carriers have to do it exactly the same way.

6 hours ago, babadono said:

Say it ain't so....I would imagine they're packed like the underground version. Move the box and speaker into the room and remove the box from the speaker not the speaker from the box.. A couple men and a hand truck should do it.

6 hours ago, KT88 said:

The box is actually not that deep. It should actually work in the longitudinal direction. But of course you can measure it beforehand and if necessary unpack the box in front of the door on a soft carpet. And the rest you have to carry carefully with two or three people or take a rolling board. In principle, the piano carriers have to do it exactly the same way.

Remember, the Heritage Jubilee is heavier than the Underground Jubilee since it's mostly MDF.  It's also about six inches deeper than the Underground Jubilee.  I was told by the carrier that the shipment weight is a little over 1000 lbs.  The pallet in the picture below is the "bottom" of the bass bin "box".  The box in the second picture goes over the top and is attached to the pallet.   I don't have a pallet jack to get this onto my front stoop and up the additional step into the house.  Even if I did, this will not fit though my front door.

I also don't have multiple people to help me with this.  So, I'd rather pay someone who moves things heavier than these for a living.

PXL_20220312_211622538_resized.jpg

PXL_20220312_211342130_resized.jpg

• Like 3