Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

I forgot this important detail, especially the MDF construction, and the box is really even deeper and bigger than the Underground Jubilees. I agree with you that this is better a job for professionals. Not to mention that it's also not good for the back and other possible injuries. In fact, it's more to see like a piano.

This is fantastic for you!  Keep documenting the process as you know, pics or it didn't happen (forget the fact that it's easy to see them to know it IS happening!)

Once you get them in, you'll simply HAVE to take them apart so we can all see first hand pictures of how they're constructed and that phase plug.

I've got a Sawzall you can borrow.....  

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Schu said:

looks like less than a handful of inches over the professional jubilees in depth...

The "box" in my second picture is just the "top" that gets inverted and placed over the Jubilee on the pallet.  The pallet is the bottom of the "box" and is larger than the cardboard top.

As I said, the new Jubilee is about six inches deeper than the Underground, 30 inches vs 24.5 inches.  Those pictures were taken at the PWK Birthday Bash this past March.  I measured both the upper box and the pallet bottom.  Unless the packaging has changed since this first sample, neither the box part nor the pallet bottom will fit through a 36-inch door.  The bass bins will have to be unboxed to go through my front door.

Although my Underground’s were used the original owner kept and shipped them in OE boxes. Stripped them down in the garage then me and my stepson carried them to the basement. Heavy, bulky and worst of all oddly shaped. But we managed. Movers had the honors when we moved and struggled going Up the stairs. Got off easy moving them into a walkout basement - pusssyss 

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

Although my Underground’s were used the original owner kept and shipped them in OE boxes. Stripped them down in the garage then me and my stepson carried them to the basement. Heavy, bulky and worst of all oddly shaped. But we managed. Movers had the honors when we moved and struggled going Up the stairs. Got off easy moving them into a walkout basement - pusssyss 

The new Jubilee is significantly heavier than the Underground Jubilee.  According to the spec sheet, the cinema Jubilee was 260 lbs.  I assume that was for the 3-way configuration.  The Underground Jubilee was likely less than that.  The new Jubilee is a hair over 400 lbs.  The bass bin of the new one weighs more than the fully assembled old one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

The new Jubilee is significantly heavier than the Underground Jubilee.  According to the spec sheet, the cinema Jubilee was 260 lbs.  I assume that was for the 3-way configuration.  The Underground Jubilee was likely less than that.  The new Jubilee is a hair over 400 lbs.  The bass bin of the new one weighs more than the fully assembled old one.

yessir ,  you're very  right -----260lbs versus  408lbs , the Heritage Jubilee is bigger , and heavier than the Underground Jubilee by 148 lbs , a totally different speaker .

http://assets.klipsch.com/product-specsheets/KPT-JUBILEE535-B-Data-Sheet-v05.pdf

• Heritage Jubilee
  • ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF
  • INPUTS: 5-way binding post
  • HEIGHT: 69.5” (175.26 cm)
  • WIDTH: 50.25” (127 cm)
  • DEPTH: 30.25” (76.2 cm)
  • WEIGHT:
    • LF - 330 lbs (149.68 kg)
    • HF - 78 lbs (35.38 kg)

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear you are receiving shortly. Our forklifts are 12-14 months out, some manufacturers are up to 3 years. I recently purchased a 700 lb safe. At one point I thought I could move the safe down to the back door in the winter on my own. My wife suggested hiring safe movers. If it was to be positioned in a simple location, it would have been moved with no problem, best $300 I spent. However, I of course had to have it moved in a tight location which called for more skilled movers. The movers I hired were able to get it in the location, but fought it. Looking back, I know how I could have moved it into location on my own, so should have had them just leave it in the open. Just food for thought.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

Excellent...now we know you have a safe.....  exactly what room did you say you have it in?  I'm asking for a friend...  :ph34r:

with your drilling skills ?   we'll be here for the next 2 weeks   😂

22 hours ago, 001 said:

yessir ,  you're very  right -----260lbs versus  408lbs , the Heritage Jubilee is bigger , and heavier than the Underground Jubilee by 148 lbs , a totally different speaker .

http://assets.klipsch.com/product-specsheets/KPT-JUBILEE535-B-Data-Sheet-v05.pdf

• Heritage Jubilee
  • ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF
  • INPUTS: 5-way binding post
  • HEIGHT: 69.5” (175.26 cm)
  • WIDTH: 50.25” (127 cm)
  • DEPTH: 30.25” (76.2 cm)
  • WEIGHT:
    • LF - 330 lbs (149.68 kg)
    • HF - 78 lbs (35.38 kg)

And you can hear the difference in the weight of the bass in the new cabinet.

• Like 1