Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

People that are buying this class of speakers don’t want unsightly handles. Yes they would serve a practical use. But after the pain of installation has faded away, they don’t want to look at handles every time they sit down to listen . At this price point, the buyer demands aesthetics as well as performance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

People that are buying this class of speakers don’t want unsightly handles. Yes they would serve a practical use. But after the pain of installation has faded away, they don’t want to look at handles every time they sit down to listen . At this price point, the buyer demands aesthetics as well as performance.

You make a good point, but the biggest need for handles seems to be in the area of the oddly shaped/non-rectilinear rear part of the speakers.  Accordingly, the handles would be out of sight once the speakers are finally in place.  As well, if the position or direction of the speakers needed to be fine-tuned after the initial placing, handles would be very helpful, as well as mostly out of sight.

Wilson speakers, the higher (and very expensive) models in their range, come with not only delivery, but also the services of an acoustic expert, who does that positional fine-tuning in the customer’s listening room.  Supposedly, moving the speakers very small amounts, a few inches or less, is sometimes what’s needed to make the stereo imaging fully snap into place, for example.  While this may be beyond the scope of what Klipsch (and Cory!) can manage at this time, it might be worth finding and designating such a person (with a bit of factory training) in each state, who could be called upon, even if paid by the customer, to get the speakers fully dialled in.  Just buying a modern $1,000 TV often entails paying an extra $149 or so to get it connected to a home sound system and dialled in.  Why does this seem out of place or impractical for a $35,000 product?

• Like 3

Sometimes moving heavy irregularly  shaped equipment requires building a special holding  fixture  , these expensive  speakers  require special attention when moving ,especially if your clearances are tight . Even riggers , piano movers etc  , scratch stuff up . I agree with your thoughts below 🤓

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

The point with my original comment was that Klipsch created these behemoths, and it would have been nice if they had provided guidance or even an optional service for handling these things.  It's not something I'd expect the dealers to have to do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Islander said:

Thanks.  For some reason, there was a period of very frequent bank robberies in Montreal, but I don’t remember whether a reason was discovered.

read about the  WEG 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

it may make some recordings sound a little bloated.

What's great about the development of the new Jubilee, is you can upgrade the HF driver for a couple grand if you have the UJ. If you have or build (one day) a great sub, you are right there with a little more low frequency control. I need that control with some of the recordings I listen to today...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

I did mention removable. Plus they would be on the back where it’s painted. All it would take is a few tapped threads for machine screws. Once it is in place you could unscrew the screws, remove the handles, reinstall the screws, and there would only be a few screw heads showing  the back corner. I counted 22 screw heads on the back panel of the prototype, not sure what a few extra would hurt. :) But none of this matters because it’s not going to happen. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Not flat to 30's. Especially out of corners. But with corners, PEQ, then yes. It's only a 5.x foot horn after all. Measure one and you will see.

I have measured mine plenty over the 10+ years I've owned them  🙂.  I never said they were flat to 30 but easily achieve the 30s.  You said they "can't create frequencies below 60"..........which of course is not right.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RandyH said:

tx Mike ,  I was really fishing for an answer ....cool enough

I am planning on schmoozing as much as possible to get a set.

I can't imagine it would cost much (in terms of Klipsch corp exposuer) for the very few of us that actually chose to go 'factory' by implementing the Axiperodic over other aftermarket driver sets... Good will goes a long way.

Some please press CTRL+P on the 3d printer and I would forever be indebted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark1101 said:

I have measured mine plenty over the 10+ years I've owned them  🙂.  I never said they were flat to 30 but easily achieve the 30s.  You said they "can't create frequencies below 60"..........which of course is not right.

Not wrong either. Go measure it out of corner, or with the microphone at the mouth. It rolls off at about 60, unless it's in a corner to boost below that by making the horn, effectively, longer than 5.5 feet (same as my Quarter Pie, but with more folds). Coupled with PEQ's in a small room, in a Corner,  it will play down to 30 and move the flesh on your calves. Double 12" drivers is the Sd or an 18" driver, so you can PEQ down lower than a Khorn without appreciable distortion. Don't argue with me unless you have curves, otherwise, it's just another "emotional test" OPINION and not valid.

Besides, my original comment was about the 3 different passive radiators I tried in a one of a kind version of that Jubilee horn that I built and tested. I was trying to get a resonance based boost below 50 Hz. but there simply was not enough air volume in that too small of a chamber. Basically I could NOT improve on the original design with my modification. And I had a Golden Jubilee to measure as a control for the experiments, which, BTW, was stuffed with FOAM in the back chamber.

My comments are VALIDATED by the fact that Roy has used a HUGE Air Volume inside the New Jubilee "75" in order to get subwoofer-like performance out of it.

On 7/4/2022 at 7:18 PM, Schu said:

I think the UJ is like a rare unicorn that only existed for a very short period of time and in extremely limited quantities and will never be heard from again.

It depends on what you mean by a "very short time." I saw the original Mahogany version at the CES show in 1999, and they became unavailable just this year. So 23 years of their existence is not enough time to build or buy a pair??? Rigma had no trouble with either.

On 7/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, PrestonTom said:

However, for some reason, it still needed more fine-tuning.

Bullshit. It needed more back chamber air volume to work. I'm not putting words into Roy's mouth. You could have fine tuned to your hearts content. I tried that, with 3 different passive radiators and it only "wiggled the curve" about 1/2 db at most and not necessarily in a positive way. The original Jubilee was a very good short horn that only expanded in one plane (like a LaScala). It behaved like a LaScala out of corners and more like a lower distortion Khorn in Corners by way of extending the effective horn length. Roy had talked about adding a "V" in front to bring the 2 mouths closer together and adding length. Not sure if he ever did though. Physics is Physics regardless.

21 hours ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

He and others always say "the smaller the room, the bigger the horn".  Short story is that they'll work fine in a small room. 

The UJ clones I had worked amazingly well in my small living room with treatments. So the "75" Jube will too. Agreed.

19 hours ago, MMurg said:

I'm hoping that the floor-to-ceiling corner bass traps that I have in stacked the rear corners will help keep bass bloat down.  🤞

Talk about jumping a very wide Chasm, speaker wise! from those little boxes to All Horns will be very revealing to you!! Congrats!!

3 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Talk about jumping a very wide Chasm, speaker wise! from those little boxes to All Horns will be very revealing to you!! Congrats!!

Well, I do have P-39F and the rest of the Palladium line in other systems.  However, there is something special about fully horn-loaded.

• Like 1