Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Well Claude I am sorry your tinkering did not work out. Apparently, Roy's efforts did. 

With your profanity I assume you feel it is important to have the last word. Let me make it easy for you. I declare that you are brilliant and I am completely wrong. Wait maybe that is not enough. Okay, I am also a blithering idiot.

I hope you feel better now and I can go back and  sit in the corner and drool into my shoes

I only use the term that PWK used and is part of their marketing. It's not profanity HERE. You should know better than take offense on that score. Why would you be sorry that my tinkering did not work out? You had nothing to do with it. I only pointed out something I actually tried. PWK used to say that 90% of what they initially tried at Klipsch and Associates didn't work. Something I also hear from Gary Gillum when I spoke to him.

I was just pointing out a lesson I learned about Physics in the process. You can use a port or a drone cone in a Bass Reflex box feeding a horn, but you gotta have air VOLUME to do it, which Roy has done with the "75" Jube.

Besides no one with your experience is ever completely wrong. No need for self flagellation  as an exaggeration.

12 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

That’s definitely not true. Mine went well below 40Hz. I had them deep into the corners (where they belong). 

How far down were they from the rest of the band. They were not flat in the room I measured them in.

34 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Claude is claiming the original Jubilee bass bin is only good down to 60hz 

You did not state all the conditions I spoke of. In the right room with solid corners you could hit 40 Hz., but not flat. I don't recall how many db down it was, but what's the point of a CURVELESS discussion, that Jube is obsolete anyhow.

So you guys who continue to argue this SHOW ME THE FRIKKIN" CURVES. Or at least give me better info.

1 hour ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

I built three sets. I really wanted to build a set with the EQ boost for the low end, but it never happened. I thought the passive sounded good. I don't think we ever got a design for the B&C DE75.

It should have been pretty close to a K69 since that was supposedly a Taiwanese clone of the DE75.

1 hour ago, mark1101 said:

You are funny.  😂  Buy the real ones and try again my friend.  I have my own curves till I was blue in the face and Roy's from the chamber as we all do.  Basically most of what you stated above is incorrect in my music room.

I measured in a different room than yours, and the Anechoic Measurements are not real world for users. I was just sharing my real experience after doing several measurement in different spots in that particular room on actual Golden Jubilees. I have photos but that was 10 years ago. I'll post if I can find them and if the curves still exist.

This is where I should have said: YMMV!

45 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Claude is claiming the original Jubilee bass bin is only good down to 60hz 

That's not what I said. Your statement is out of context and incomplete. I hope the curves still exist after 10 years, so I can put this one to rest.

• Klipsch Employees
13 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Not wrong either. Go measure it out of corner, or with the microphone at the mouth. It rolls off at about 60, unless it's in a corner to boost below that by making the horn, effectively, longer than 5.5 feet (same as my Quarter Pie, but with more folds). Coupled with PEQ's in a small room, in a Corner,  it will play down to 30 and move the flesh on your calves. Double 12" drivers is the Sd or an 18" driver, so you can PEQ down lower than a Khorn without appreciable distortion. Don't argue with me unless you have curves, otherwise, it's just another "emotional test" OPINION and not valid.

Besides, my original comment was about the 3 different passive radiators I tried in a one of a kind version of that Jubilee horn that I built and tested. I was trying to get a resonance based boost below 50 Hz. but there simply was not enough air volume in that too small of a chamber. Basically I could NOT improve on the original design with my modification. And I had a Golden Jubilee to measure as a control for the experiments, which, BTW, was stuffed with FOAM in the back chamber.

My comments are VALIDATED by the fact that Roy has used a HUGE Air Volume inside the New Jubilee "75" in order to get subwoofer-like performance out of it.

Maybe I will argue with you……

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Klipsch Employees
13 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Bullshit. It needed more back chamber air volume to work. I'm not putting words into Roy's mouth. You could have fine tuned to your hearts content. I tried that, with 3 different passive radiators and it only "wiggled the curve" about 1/2 db at most and not necessarily in a positive way. The original Jubilee was a very good short horn that only expanded in one plane (like a LaScala). It behaved like a LaScala out of corners and more like a lower distortion Khorn in Corners by way of extending the effective horn length. Roy had talked about adding a "V" in front to bring the 2 mouths closer together and adding length. Not sure if he ever did though. Physics is Physics regardless.

Maybe you tried wrong…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Klipsch Employees
3 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

You did not state all the conditions I spoke of. In the right room with solid corners you could hit 40 Hz., but not flat. I don't recall how many db down it was, but what's the point of a CURVELESS discussion, that Jube is obsolete anyhow.

So you guys who continue to argue this SHOW ME THE FRIKKIN" CURVES. Or at least give me better info.

I would show my curves……but I don’t want to. Ha ha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Klipsch Employees
2 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

The Golden Jubilee. Were these the ones Valerie had built from the original plans? You realize that even a small change to the design could have netted some improvement. 

Yea. But that won’t stop Claude from bellowing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

The Golden Jubilee. Were these the ones Valerie had built from the original plans? You realize that even a small change to the design could have netted some improvement. 

Maybe so, but it's still relatively short horn without corners to extend, so not much wiggle room. A product does what it does, not what someone's "belief system" says it does.

6 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

I would show my curves……but I don’t want to. Ha ha. 

You did in 2007. What happened with your attitude since then? Or maybe you're just having some fun with us Klipsch idiots?

7 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Maybe you tried wrong…..

Sez they guy who basically put a Cornwall inside of a wider horn, effectively agreeing with my "too little air" comment. But yeah, I tried wrong and learned something about horns in the process. I'd say not a bad effort for an amateur. Plus I got a grand for 2 days work, so not bad.

If that thing is "obsolete", then it must be time for everyone to roll their La Scalas and Klipschorns next to it along the curb.

Zero room gain in the chamber measurement. The ground plane measurement is a bit more forgiving. My in-room measurement at the time was of course much better. In a corner, the Jubilee behaved the same as my Klipschorns did. There just isn't anything to complain about here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1