11 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Claude is claiming the original Jubilee bass bin is only good down to 60hz 

10 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

That's not what I said. Your statement is out of context and incomplete

24 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Here's a curve from 2007. Clearly shows 60 Hz. rolloff 

🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Here's a curve from 2007. Clearly shows 60 Hz. rolloff on a now obsolete product.

jub 402 ev qsc.JPG

Sorry but should this frequency measurement have shifted over time? (from the AES paper). I hear very nice and very satisfying deep enough bass with my UJ. in active and passive set up. (passively with Roy´s bass Xover design plus Bob Crites Faital K402 driver Xover high freq. part, and actively with TAD 4002 drivers). Lower chart KHorn, upper chart final UJ. To me it looks very different to that chart re the UJ ClaudeJ1 has posted.

post-2552-1381925774108.gif

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Here's a curve from 2007. Clearly shows 60 Hz. rolloff on a now obsolete product.

jub 402 ev qsc.JPG

There is a good reason here but I'll let ya think about it some more. If you do a search for Jubilee bass horn performance or curves you will find the rest of the story. Even though I just have jub clones I can assure you 50hz ain't it... Not sure why this is even up for debate this late in the game.

As for the new Jubilee I don't even have to see the curves listening is the proof and such an exciting creation. I can't wait to hear it again.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, seti said:

If you do a search for Jubilee bass horn performance or curves you will find the rest of the story.

Alright did the search and found this:

"The graph is from Roy and it compares the the khorn lf cabinet to the jub lf cabinet; no crossovers. the graphs are in the corner in the chamber and smoothed 1/6 octave."

Jub-vs-Khorn-bins.jpg

2 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

If that thing is "obsolete", then it must be time for everyone to roll their La Scalas and Klipschorns next to it along the curb.

Zero room gain in the chamber measurement. The ground plane measurement is a bit more forgiving. My in-room measurement at the time was of course much better. In a corner, the Jubilee behaved the same as my Klipschorns did. There just isn't anything to complain about here.

Production obsolescence not technological obsolescence. The only way to get a pair of UJ's now is to buy used or build one yourself, like Rigma did initially, then got a whole bunch of production units from Klipsch to fill his big room!

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Alright did the search and found this:

"The graph is from Roy and it compares the the khorn lf cabinet to the jub lf cabinet; no crossovers. the graphs are in the corner in the chamber and smoothed 1/6 octave."

Jub-vs-Khorn-bins.jpg

The red one shows a knee at 80 Hz. here. So why are you arguing. The curve I posted was by Klipsch in 2007 (not mine) with a 60 Hz. drop which is flatter than this one, but includes the top end too. If you take the peak areas and smooth them further, you would got about 112 db, vs. about 106 at 40 Hz. which is 6 db down and perfectly useful to cross to a subwoofer at 40 Hz. So far you all are agreeing with my comment about them not being FLAT to 40 without EQ. The truth hurts the emotional testers, apparently.

2 hours ago, seti said:

There is a good reason here but I'll let ya think about it some more. If you do a search for Jubilee bass horn performance or curves you will find the rest of the story. Even though I just have jub clones I can assure you 50hz ain't it... Not sure why this is even up for debate this late in the game.

As for the new Jubilee I don't even have to see the curves listening is the proof and such an exciting creation. I can't wait to hear it again.

I don't need to think about it at all. I'm just stating FACTS with proof uing Klipsch's own curves. But you guys are getting all defensive and emotional about a product you can no longer buy and refuse to accept the truth over your emotional responses. Which is fine.

And yes I owned Jubilees for a year with TADs on K402's. I used Roy's PEQ settings. They sounded great, and went down to 30 Hz. just fine, but not without and extra 5 db of boost in a room that had a 35 Hz. peak acoustically to help it achieve that performance. Like a wise man from Detroit once said: "Thangs be whut dey is."

3 hours ago, KT88 said:

Sorry but should this frequency measurement have shifted over time? (from the AES paper). I hear very nice and very satisfying deep enough bass with my UJ. in active and passive set up. (passively with Roy´s bass Xover design plus Bob Crites Faital K402 driver Xover high freq. part, and actively with TAD 4002 drivers). Lower chart KHorn, upper chart final UJ. To me it looks very different to that chart re the UJ ClaudeJ1 has posted.

post-2552-1381925774108.gif

It clearly shows 5-6 db down at 40 Hz. from the rest below 200 Hz. 40 Hz. is also where Roy recommended crossing to a subwoofer because of the 6 db down point that occurs at 40 without PEQ.

4 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Sez they guy who basically put a Cornwall inside of a wider horn, effectively agreeing with my "too little air" comment. But yeah, I tried wrong and learned something about horns in the process. I'd say not a bad effort for an amateur. Plus I got a grand for 2 days work, so not bad.

You do remember that we’re in the House of Klipsch, so to speak, don’t you?  Comments like that are really out of place.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Islander said:

You do remember that we’re in the House of Klipsch, so to speak, don’t you?  Comments like that are really out of place.

How so? Is there not a great deal of air volume for the ports to get down low in the new Jubilee? Why do yo think it's bad to say what it is, using a Klipsch Cornwall Analogy? Roy knows me well enough to know I mean no disrespect, quite the opposite actually.

Especially after successfully doing the same thing for an 1802, essentially.

9 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

How so? Is there not a great deal of air volume for the ports to get down low in the new Jubilee? Why do yo think it's bad to say what it is, using a Klipsch Cornwall Analogy? Roy knows me well enough to know I mean no disrespect, quite the opposite actually.

Especially after successfully doing the same thing for an 1802, essentially.

Regardless of your intentions, “Sez they (sic) guy who basically put a Cornwall inside of a wider horn” shows pretty deep disrespect for both Roy and his long-term project.  Or is it not the Heritage Jubilee that you were referring to?

• Like 2

• Klipsch Employees
8 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Sez they guy who basically put a Cornwall inside of a wider horn, effectively agreeing with my "too little air" comment. But yeah, I tried wrong and learned something about horns in the process. I'd say not a bad effort for an amateur. Plus I got a grand for 2 days work, so not bad.

Yep. It was that basic. Talk about attitude change. Time to get a grip bro. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

That’s the chamber roll off….

Thanks for the Identification. So it must do the same for Khorn and MWM, then. I'm thinking you do your curves Outdoors for the super low stuff, then right?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Thanks for the Identification. So it must do the same for Khorn and MWM, then. I'm thinking you do your curves Outdoors for the super low stuff, then right?

I'm going to move this entire conversation about curves, stuff you built, etc. over to tech/mods where it belongs

• Thanks 1