Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

4 hours ago, Islander said:

No worries, I was always prone to long explanations.  As it happens, it seems to be getting worse as I get older.  I'm becoming more and more chatty.  Do you or anyone else notice this in yourselves?

Yes, all the time...

• Thanks 1

I started this topic of a remarkable speaker but I would not consider it a speaker system for everyone. I am sure most spending this much for a speaker will want to spend as much or more for the associated equipment to bring out the best of the speaker. You are talking about getting close to or more than $100,000 for the entire system. For most audiophiles a speaker of this quality is in practical terms overkill. If I had the funds and a large enough room for these speakers I would certainly want a pair myself. For most $10,000 to $15,000 for a quality sound system is a huge investment. I am talking about LaScala's and associated electronics of the same quality. I say LaScala in the Heritage line being more suited as being the best speaker for most in the average room especially with the odd shaped open area rooms popular with architects these days. Throw in a quality sub and you have a great speaker system. I considered K-horns when buying my LaScala's years ago but they would just not fit the way they should in the room I had dedicated for my sound system. I understand that the newer K-horns have sealed backs but I really do not know how PWK would feel about that being that the walls themselves are an extension of the original K-horn. Market wise closing the backs was a wise decision and from all accounts almost if not as good but still it would appear to me the walls should be part of the horn in the bass bin of the K-horn. I am sure a $100,000 system is going to sound better than a $15,000 system but just how much more. Again for those with the funds I applaud you for wanting the best. I sure would if I could afford it I would too. I also enjoy hearing about those having these remarkable speakers here on this forum. Keep posting and letting us drool over your new speakers and more about the amplifiers you are using with them. 

Pictures or it ain't true. 

• Like 1

I am wrong on the prices of LaScala's now. Amazon is showing $13,200 of a pair of LaScala's and $16,500 for K-horns. When I bought my LaScala's the K-horns were twice as much as LaScala's. Serious money for speakers for most audiophiles. One has to consider these speakers as investment though. A few decades later they will probably be worth the same if not more. Probably the same with the Jubilee's. 

18 minutes ago, Schu said:

I think you are seeing focal length creating distortion...

292612418_10159134545194401_595513113309

According to my Photoshop ruler, it's 1.22 X wider, but if you account for the slight angle of the UJ, then it's more like 1.25 X wider, approximately.

• Like 2

there's another visual cue that takes place in that the beauty panel on the pro is much wider than the heritage.

Overall, both speakers look very different in my humble O and makes the KHJ even more unique.

1 hour ago, Schu said:

I think you are seeing focal length creating distortion...

52205286435_01043eaa28_o.jpg

Official spec sheet for the new Jub says 50" wide, I cannot find specs for the UJ but IIRC the 402 horn is 39" wide, looks like the bass bin is at least a couple inches wider? 

15 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Thanks for the video. Quite enjoyable. I suspect that the designer of the PC Board for the Jube Xover has used ESS Sabre DAC chips, which are a great industry standard and over 135 db S/N ratio, aye?

The Underground Jubilee  .... closer to 67 "  H x 41.5"    W x  24.3"    D-----  260lbs 

The Heritage Jubilee ............  69"................. H x 50.25"  W x  30.25"  D----   408lbs

• Thanks 1

Thank you Cory for this insightful comparison! I heard no songs in the first half of the video. From minute 29 I could hear the music. Maybe it's a country specific thing because of some rights on the songs and google has to follow that?

I have a request for a next wonderful comparison. In this video it is so that exactly then was switched again between the speakers when my hearing had just adapted. Because...I don't want to hear primarily what sounds "different" when switching but what depth of musicality etc. I experience in each case. I have the old Jubilees since 2008 but with TADs. Here in the video with the standard driver for the K402 horn I found the old Jubilees but still very nice sounding, even in the mids at eg the heavy metal guitar sounds. The new Jubilee is an incredibly good speaker. Its strengths in the bass I can not judge because I currently listen to BBC monitors that play anyway only to 40 Hz:) I need to find my headphones...

3 minutes ago, KT88 said:

I heard no songs in the first half of the video.

They explained during the video that during the first part that they would be listening to copyrighted material and viewers would not hear the music during that time. 

• Like 1