"Sex Sells" thread Censored

thebes

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

It was demeaning. That’s why I hid it. And if you don’t understand that, then that’s your problem. 

Sorry you took it that way.  Before killing it, I'm sure you checked with some females and got their opinions, which would have mostly been that special look they all have they give you when men act like boys.  However, if you had read the beginning statement when I started that thread, you would have also noted that is was partly fun and partly a commentary on sex in advertising when applied to album covers from back in the day, and the oftentimes disconnect between the music and the cover.  ie The cover featuring a scantily clad woman to advertise orchestral music.

But hey I'm not out to offend anybody, don't want to act crude like those people who use words like bullshit and pissing off.

Besides there are more hot ACR receivers to be carrying on about.

Boy are these stacked or what!

avreceivers-2048px-2x1-9515.thumb.jpg.31a2bc8c0f54f395eee654bdd52bc8e0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

To quote YES

You and I can change the world;
The more we live, the more we learn, the more we know.
From this moment on we share the world;
The more we give, the more we love, the more we grow.
The spirit of imagination can lead us through the dark;
The more we see, the more we try, the more we show.
The evidence of our confusion, life has left its mark;
The more we fear, the more we lie, the more we hide.

As we walk into tomorrow (Turning away from the path we know)
Holding the future with our hands (We carry the weight of the world we go)
It's up to you and I (We hold the key; we hold the answer)

All our thoughts of doubt and fear (We leave it all by one)
The more we live, the more we learn, the more we know.
For each of us the road is clear and life has just begun;
The more we give, the more we love, the more we grow.
It's time to reach the goals we've set for ourselves;
The more we fear, the more we lie, the more we hide.
All we need is just to believe in ourselves;
We face the truth, we see it clear, with no disguise.

Cast away our doubt and sorrow (Turning away from the past we know)
The Universe and all can be (Showing the fate of the world we know)
Together you and I, we hold the key to all the answers (Let go)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

It was demeaning. That’s why I hid it. And if you don’t understand that, then that’s your problem. 

I have been censored and some posts were outright deleted, but I understand why. I didn't follow the rules. It is that simple. Sure, interpretation plays a part, but in the end, if the moderators deem it unacceptable, it is. 

I own and operate a campground, and quite frankly I am fairly strict with our campground policies, if you don't observe them, you get one warning, after that you are out. Sure, I have received negative Google reviews, but that just gives me the chance to tell the other side of the story. There are way more positive reviews than negative reviews and if people think they are going to try and change the way I run my business by Google reviews, I'd just assume close the doors and I would. 

• Like 2

Tomorrow , we must get back to the serious stuff , like  wondering if the grass is greener on the other side of the audio fence , we will display our beautiful lawns again  ,  and throw a compliment to a lesser lawn occasionally , and so on , but it was fun while it lasted.🤓

• Like 2

Ok, it would appear that one of the reasons the thread was pulled was because someone posted a naked butt.  I did not see that. Makes sense to me.  

Still, I personally think it was a fun thread until it went off the rails. It was also an observation on marketing and trip back to a different age.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am asked to accept LGBTQ publicly (which I do-who am I to tell someone how to live?) yet something as bland as a woman's seat is offensive? Man we're a confused bunch.

But I do come here for the speakers. :D

• Like 2

Understanding and accepting different types of people isn’t the same as sexualizing and objectifying them. 

The first couple of pages were interesting for the educational value, but then after that it just became a competition - and many of the comments were inappropriate and ahem, tone deaf. 

• Thanks 1

• Klipsch Employees
49 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Understanding and accepting different types of people isn’t the same as sexualizing and objectifying them. 

The first couple of pages were interesting for the educational value, but then after that it just became a competition - and many of the comments were inappropriate and ahem, tone deaf. 

Exactly Deano. 75 cent. 

• Like 1

What kind of WOKE censorship cancel culture crap did I just witness here now? HERE! Now I can't even talk about the music or movies I use my Klipsch speakers to listen to? Sorry, I thought that's what speakers were made for. What about the names of films? Can I even speak here about some of their tongue-in-cheek titles? 

Really, I'm on another international forum with over 100,000 members, and there is ample opportunity there for these type of discussions. Cancel culture, censorship, and editing is something discussed on that site daily.  There are literally tens of thousands of covers posted for anyone to see and discuss. It's called art. It exists. Stop destroying it.