FS: One pair JBL 2446H drivers

Fleawatt

• Fleawatt changed the title to FS: One pair JBL 2446H drivers
1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

I currently have B&C DE-75 8P mounted on the K510 horns on my KPT-904s.  Would these be a significant upgrade, and would they even be appropriate, and fit? 

Yeah; same here - KPT-904/K510/DE75's :)  99% sure these 2446H's will fit your K510 horn (standard 4" bolt pattern). But ... also have 2446H drivers on JBL 2385 horns. Better? Possibly :) Significant upgrade? Nah :( 

21 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

The JBL 2446 (or 2445) will fit a Klipsch K-510 horn (2inc exit driver to a 2 inch throat horn). I previously used this combination.

OK, thanks for that.  You are welcome to message me with any other opinion/info.  

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I currently have B&C DE-75 8P mounted on the K510 horns on my KPT-904s.  Would these be a significant upgrade, and would they even be appropriate, and fit?  

I would consider them a "Significant" upgrade IF you get TreXtent Berylium Diaphragms for them IF you set them up as 2-way.

I'm not a fan of titanium with Shelving Boost, I much prefer to let them Roll off natually at 3-4 Khz, then add an LMAHL super tweeter by Dave-A or the new one I'm soon to test. However, the ribbed titanium ones that come with JBL 2446 are the best they did back then. I've owned several pairs and still have a pair currently with OEM ribbed titatium. I was about to order the TruXtent Beryliums, then this new Celestion Driver came along to stop me.

2 hours ago, hanksjim1 said:

Some folks on the JBL Heritage site prefer using the 2450sl aquaplas coated diaphragms in the 2446 for hifi, over the stock ribbed titanium...quite a bit less $ than the TruExtent Be units; <$100 each.

Lots of threads over there on this topic.

This is good advice !

3 hours ago, hanksjim1 said:

Some folks on the JBL Heritage site prefer using the 2450sl aquaplas coated diaphragms in the 2446 for hifi, over the stock ribbed titanium...quite a bit less $ than the TruExtent Be units; <$100 each.

Lots of threads over there on this topic.

I prefer aluminum in my 2441's but those are definitely 3-way horns with Horn Sub.