Which would you choose?

Chandz

Hi guys I’m new here and really enjoying this forum.   I’m a new Cornwall 4 owner and I’ve paired it with my Hegel h590. I’m more than impressed and they sound amazing together. 

my question is that I’m building a smaller secondary system.  I’m torn between these two setups

Klipsch Heresy 4 

hegel h190

or 

buchardt integrated amplifier 

buchardt s400 mk2

I know these systems are kind of on different ends of the spectrum but I’d love to hear what your guys thoughts are.  

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

All I can say is that my Heresy 4s are terrific and highly recommended.  They are perfect for a smaller secondary system.

Where are you located?

I’m up in Toronto canada

to be honest I purchased a pair of heresy 4 while I figured out what I was going to do for amplification and  figured I could test them with my Hegel h590.   I wasn’t too impressed.  I’m not sure if I’m being too critical in comparing to Cornwall or maybe they need less power?   That’s why I was thinking the h190.  

also, have you tried your heresy on stands?   I feel like the sound is a little low?  I’m not sure what it is.    Just didn’t give me a wow moment 

thanks 

Well, comparing to the Cornwalls is not exactly fair......I actually have my H4s on top of La Scalas which are sitting a bit out from corners.  The H4s definitely benefit from that setup.  I am powering them with a Mcintosh MAC4100 which is more than enough.

12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Well, comparing to the Cornwalls is not exactly fair......I actually have my H4s on top of La Scalas which are sitting a bit out from corners.  The H4s definitely benefit from that setup.  I am powering them with a Mcintosh MAC4100 which is more than enough.

I’ll hAve to get them Up on some stands and see if it makes a difference 

@Chandz   Welcome  , the klipsch Forum ,And Canadians from coast to coast   .

the HF drivers of the CW and  Heresy IV are identical with the only exception of the midrange horns  , the real difference would be the bass , dispersion pattern and the size of the box  .

a subwoofer  would balance the sound   if you are using the H IV  as standalones , which I do not  , my Heresy speakers are only meant to compliment Cornwall  / Lascala Speakers   and subs, I prefer to avoid .

when I  1st got the Heresy , it took time to find the sweet spot , what I am saying ,  is you  will either be blown by the Heresy  after a certain time frame ,   or the speaker is not for you     .for my listening ,  the Heresy opens the sound of the HF with mild bass  when  it is placed  at a higher position  .

as far as the amp , the Hegel has 300 wpc  , there is no reason why  it should not sound great with low distortion ,  think of the Heresy  IV as a  truer monitor at close range  .  versus a speaker all by itself in 1 room  , and the same can be said for the buchardt s400 mk2  to an even  higher degree   , since size really matters    .

4 hours ago, RandyH said:

@Chandz   Welcome  , the klipsch Forum ,And Canadians from coast to coast   .

the HF drivers of the CW and  Heresy IV are identical with the only exception of the midrange horns  , the real difference would be the bass , dispersion pattern and the size of the box  .

a subwoofer  would balance the sound   if you are using the H IV  as standalones , which I do not  , my Heresy speakers are only meant to compliment Cornwall  / Lascala Speakers   and subs, I prefer to avoid .

when I  1st got the Heresy , it took time to find the sweet spot , what I am saying ,  is you  will either be blown by the Heresy  after a certain time frame ,   or the speaker is not for you     .for my listening ,  the Heresy opens the sound of the HF with mild bass  when  it is placed  at a higher position  .

as far as the amp , the Hegel has 300 wpc  , there is no reason why  it should not sound great with low distortion ,  think of the Heresy  IV as a  truer monitor at close range  .  versus a speaker all by itself in 1 room  , and the same can be said for the buchardt s400 mk2  to an even  higher degree   , since size really matters    .

Thanks for the welcome.    Bass wasn’t the problem as I have dual SVS pb4000’s with my system.  It just seemed like the soundstage was low and small.  I will have to play around with them a little more and get them up on some stands.   

does anyone have any height recommendations?