MEH Synergy

• MEH Synergy changed the title to Parasound A23+ Black Amplifier Excellent Condition

GLWS my friend! 

Those are some big shoes to fill, spec's say they can deliver 45 amps of peak current into the load per channel:blink2: I wonder how long the Parasound can sustain the 45 amps because that amount of current would equate to 4,000 watts into a 2 ohm load. 240 watts into a 4 ohm load is 7.7 amps, that's more useful of a spec to me. My tube amp will be around 4.5 amps into a 4 ohm load, plenty. 80 watts of true RMS tube power should be plenty for most speakers and rooms.

Should be a quick sale, those are some beefy amps and have heard they sound really good. They certainly have enough current and power delivery for just about any need. Well maybe not Theater sub-woofer power but for Klipsch speakers more than enough.

• Thanks 1

I hope someone jumps on this.  The A23+ is an incredible amplifier -- very flexible in terms of power-on options; significant output power; line level outputs; input level controls; great workmanship and construction, etc.  Being such a single-ended triode diehard for the past 30 years, I confess I don't think I had ever heard the crack of a snare drum so realistically reproduced until I inserted this hefty component into the system.  We are using it with modified RF5s in a large room with a very high ceiling, and the Parasound/RF5 combo fills and loads the room with little effort.  Better still, the A23+ is not an amp that needs to be turned up really loud to sound good.  Its sound remains full, even, and balanced at frequency extremes even at lower SPLs.  In my experience.

We listen to all genres, but the way the system opens up with the likes of Alice In Chains, Tool, Perfect Circle (and others) at quite high volume levels is definitely impressive.  My wife was the one who researched and bought this amplifier for us, and the aforementioned bands are some of her favorites.  We've had Klipschorns, La Scalas, Chorus IIs, and Heresies, but the RF5s, for which I purchased RF7 high frequency drivers (I can outline the necessary crossover rework some other time), honestly represents some of the most coherent and just plain great sound we've ever enjoyed.  The Parasound Halo A23+ is what seems to tie everything together so well.

GLWYourS!