Newly restored Forte I’s

Idontknow

13 hours ago, Idontknow said:

yet when I listen to the Forte I and the Heresy IV, there is absolutely nothing the Heresy IV does better, nothing,

We are all different, and hear things differently in our rooms, with our music, with our sources, etc, etc, etc.  If that's your opinion, then great!

14 hours ago, RandyH said:

I think that you're greatly confused  .

the Heresy IV is light years ahead of the Forte 1 , better woofer , better midrange , better tweeter , and an ultra modern crossover ,+ a  better ported cabinet ,  the Midrange driver  and tweeters of the HIV are even shared with the Cornwall IV , and there are 0 complaints about the H IV .

I love the Heresy IV’s, however, for you to say there are zero complaints is excessive. I explained specifically the issues I had playing jazz at low listening levels in my video as well as other videos of mine. The HIV does not produce any bass at lower listening levels. The Forte I does produce bass at lower listening levels by comparison. Certainly ones listening experiences are subjective but let’s be reasonable here.

I explained my points very specifically, unlike blanket statements we continually hear in these forums like this is better than that.  Very few are specific about anything in their reviews and that’s the problem I have with so many. I don’t see people producing any comparison videos other than just what’s new and we’re all just supposed to believe it? 

All most of these youtubers concern themselves with are subscriber counts because they’re trying to make a living off this stuff. That’s why you don’t see any reviews of vintage gear being discussed or compared to newer gear. There’s no business in it, period. Youtubers aren’t going to waste their time reviewing products that are not in production because they’ll lose their audience and subscribers because people are marketed on new gear.

To say there are zero complaints of the HIV is absurd and you think I’m the one that’s confused? There’s been countless complaints about their box resonance. Even Mirko, my friend who owns the HIV agrees. Here are some videos below who explain the issue. Roy talks about how PWK wanted these new designs implemented but I seriously wonder about that sometimes. PWK handed him a book and basically said figure it out. As PWK aged, it was obvious that he was handing over the reins. 

What I find so disheartening though is how people basically trash PWK’s work as if he had it wrong compared to today. Heck, he’d been at this for decades. You think he couldn’t have designed horns like what we see today in that time span? If he did then maybe that needs to be posted at the forefront. 

• Like 2

I actually liked that review as well and I actually love the Heresy IV too. I'm not a hater of that speaker. It just has a couple of things that need to be improved to make it a Heresy V. The IV is one of Klipsch's best sellers, so I have no doubt there will be a Heresy V. I just think some individuals are out of place with regard to their comments on some of the earlier models in specific cases.

Inevitably what's important is that we all enjoy and like the models we listen to. I love Klipsch. To me, they make the finest speakers in the world as far as I'm concerned regardless of price. I love their lively kick *** sound and they have balls. The Heritage line are super special to me. I just have a great respect for what PWK accomplished and his older speakers will always be special to me as well as the newer lines. 

• Like 1

The best Klipsch speakers are the ones we own!

I currently only have Heresy IIs. I love them... smooth, dynamic...

Have had two different pairs of older La Scalas. Incredible speakers! Great a low volume as well as crankin'.

A pair of MWM bass cabs with LS mids ad tweets. A sound that is superb! Some have said way cleaner, more dynamic bass than Jubilees. But they are bigger, uglier... I REALLY miss those...

Enjoy what you have... that's the most important thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

The best Klipsch speakers are the ones we own!

I currently only have Heresy IIs. I love them... smooth, dynamic...

Have had two different pairs of older La Scalas. Incredible speakers! Great a low volume as well as crankin'.

A pair of MWM bass cabs with LS mids ad tweets. A sound that is superb! Some have said way cleaner, more dynamic bass than Jubilees. But they are bigger, uglier... I REALLY miss those...

Enjoy what you have... that's the most important thing.

I agree 100%. I live my life enjoying what I have not lusting for things  I don’t have.

I love my audio system 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

what does your wife say ?

She says she loves me 🤣. She likes the Forte 1s but prefers the sound of the 4s. She was very impressed with the change from my Hsu 15 sub to my 12” REL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fido said:

She says she loves me 🤣. She likes the Forte 1s but prefers the sound of the 4s. She was very impressed with the change from my Hsu 15 sub to my 12” REL.

You are much better advised to impress her with your horn 😂 😂

32 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

You are much better advised to impress her with your horn 😂 😂

we have been married for almost 24 years - I think there is nothing left to impress her with - lol

• Haha 1