Damage to corner of Cornwall IV's in Walnut, any advice on repair?

partymark

Whole moving my basement around to make room and a better listening position for my Cornwall IV's (only 2 weeks old) I stupidly moved a shelf without taking out the shelves and one fell and bounced and damaged the corner as seen here.  I pushed/rubbed the area and it looks better than it did initially, but as you can see there is still damage.

Is there anything I can do to help make this look better?

20220415_093023.jpg

• Sad 1

I would get a something like this for a repair job like that.  They are quite amazing at making blemishes disappear.  Make sure the set has your matching wood grain color and try it out. 

https://www.amazon.com/Furniture-Lifreer-Sharpener-Funiture-Scratch/dp/B0993LDSJT/ref=sr_1_5?crid=X15TR96QKGBD&keywords=wood+filler+pens&qid=1650030382&sprefix=wood+filler+pe%2Caps%2C230&sr=8-5

• Like 1

It looks mostly cosmetic. If you don't have wood repair experience be carefull. Best to just touch up for now with some stain that matches. Be it a can/artist brush, pen  whatever to hide it. Test on similar pc wood.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fish said:

It looks mostly cosmetic. If you don't have wood repair experience be carefull. Best to just touch up for now with some stain that matches. Be it a can/artist brush, pen  whatever to hide it. Test on similar pc wood.

Yes I am mainly looking for something that can blend into the veneer to make it looks less noticeable.  I wouldn't be trying any actual wood repairs. 

• Like 1

I have a variety of stains so easy for me to say...At most home centers they have pens or pints of stains. Even the local dollar tree has furniture touch up markers. I even have markers that come with some furniture I've bought. I always keep mineral spirits (NO LACQUER THINNERS) handy in case it does not match perfectly, just gently wipe off quickly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fish said:

I have a variety of stains so easy for me to say...At most home centers they have pens or pints of stains. Even the local dollar tree has furniture touch up markers. I even have markers that come with some furniture I've bought. I always keep mineral spirits (NO LACQUER THINNERS) handy in case it does not match perfectly, just gently wipe off quickly.

Thank you, so if I grab a touch up pen in Walnut and a bottle of mineral spirits I should be good to go? These 2 products? 

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/minwax-blend-fil-pencil-0495106p.html

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/solvable-mineral-spirits-946-ml-0491017p.html

19 minutes ago, RandyH said:

@partymark  stay away from mineral spirits , the speaker has a finish  already , so you cant risk altering it , or you 'll be in a mess ,  the  Walnut pen will do  just fine  .

Good to know thank you.  Would you say a marker style or a wax style pen is better?  Do you know of any good ones for the new walnut veneer they are using now?

The walnut may not match. Your wood is walnut I presume ,but it may be natural. Most walnut pens stains are dark. I would try a light, or medium or any color that looks like your wood. Just match the sample to your actual wood tone.

The type of product that Shiva recommended is good.

They are sometimes called Tibetan wood (or wax) sticks. It can make it look better but not perfect if you look closely. If you phone a local moving company you can ask them who they send out to make these kinds of repairs (they will be quite experienced and can do it in your home).

• Thanks 1