Hack to stop cats

merkin

Not being a cat lover (I'm not a hater either I just don't like them in "my" living space) I am giving my daughter and future son-in-law a pair of forte II's .   Is there any trick or hack outside of a burlap bag with a brick and river to keep that cat from destroying the grills?   I already have the passives covered with a metal grill from parts express.  Colterphoto suggested that 15 years ago.     I know there are cat lovers on here and I will probably get hate mail, but I hope my daughter gets married, has a kid and decides to get rid of that hairball producing, butt licking furniture destroyer.

@merkinCats are attracted to the Heresy -Cornwall - Khorns Heritage fabric   to  scratch their claws/nails , it's a very thick material  , the regular  speaker fabric used on the Forte II , I'm no so sure  that it would interest a cat  .

My Cornwall grilles  were ruined by our cat  ,  we  purchased a Cat Scratcher Mat   , the cat stayed away from the grilles   , it was that simple  .

Try surrounding the perimeter with moth balls of some sort.  Cats hate the smell of those and stay away from them.  I had a cat years ago that decided to use my shower rug as its litter box for urinating.  I'd read about putting some scented mothball crystals around areas to keep them out and low-and-behold, it worked.  I also used to put mothballs under the mulch in my "flower beds" to keep neighborhood cats from crapping in them.  That worked, too.

It's cheap and worth a try.

I love cats and dogs. Mine finally have left this world. Our cats were indoors only, and we had their fronts declawed. (no comments about what that means to the cats... I understand) They were happy and lovable, and lived to an old age. They never tore up anything and only used the liter box (which was cleaned daily). Still have the fabric grills from my early '70s JBLs.

• Like 1