What paint to use for touch up for black satin academy

merkin

I just want a little touch up paint for black academy and forte II's.   I've already went the new veneer route on another set.   I'm giving these away and just want to touch them up for now and someday may reveneer them for my daughter.  The corners are all pretty good they just need some touch up paint.    What brand and color works well?

• Like 1

i have found the best match paint for touch up on these era of klipsch black finishes is rustoleum satin black brush on,  available in a small can for a few bucks at most all home stores, it works good for larger areas or to repaint the whole speaker too but be sure to apply it thin with a small roller or foam brush to avoid brush marks.  krylon satin black in a spray can is a very good match as well if you prefer a spray, you can also spray some into the cap for small touch ups.  this klipsch black was a satin sheen, lacquer paint in a spray can is usually more of a semi gloss or gloss sheen that will work ok if you want that for the whole speaker but probably wont match too well for touch ups.  

• Like 1