Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman Recommendations

RobertB

• RobertB changed the title to Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman Recommendations
4 hours ago, Schu said:

Uber comfortable, but doesn't having a headrest complicate the listening experience?

Yes to both in my experience. Not a good chair for La Scalas. The back slope & floor to ear height need to be considered for your speakers. For example, most recommend 24" stands for LS3/5s, KEF 50s, etc. Nope, I needed to sit up straight for proper soundstage & imaging in the pseudo Eames. But once you get that sorted out, its great. Perfect for headphones as well.

Ultimately I moved it out of the listening room as it just sat too low for most speakers (especially my La Scalas) and moved in a club chair with a nearly straight back. Not quite as comfortable, but good for several hours listening at a stretch at the proper ear height.

52 minutes ago, michaelwjones said:

Yes to both in my experience. Not a good chair for La Scalas. The back slope & floor to ear height need to be considered for your speakers. For example, most recommend 24" stands for LS3/5s, KEF 50s, etc. Nope, I needed to sit up straight for proper soundstage & imaging in the pseudo Eames. But once you get that sorted out, its great. Perfect for headphones as well.

Ultimately I moved it out of the listening room as it just sat too low for most speakers (especially my La Scalas) and moved in a club chair with a nearly straight back. Not quite as comfortable, but good for several hours listening at a stretch at the proper ear height.

Michael,

I was wondering how tall you were and how that works with not having a headrest?

22 minutes ago, RobertB said:

Michael,

I was wondering how tall you were and how that works with not having a headrest?

6'    I found myself slouching in the Eames chair to fully recline into the headrest. Must better for headphones IMHO.

The back of the club chair comes to about 4" below my shoulder. Plus with a sold side, Benny can sleep next to the chair. :-)

Chair.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RobertB said:

I'm 5'8". Might be a little less slouching for someone of my height.

Perhaps, but for me its the tilt of the low back and seat cushions that induce the "relaxing" angle. I spent some time in an Eames chair before purchase and knew what to expect. For me, it's just it really doesn't mate well with La Scala. (I could adjust the height on my other stand mount speakers.) Interestingly, the chair was a good match for my Forte IVs. It's all in the tweeter/ear match.

Even if you "just" use it for headphones, its a very comfortable and relaxing chair. Good luck!

• Like 1

Why not simply save up for the real thing or just buy another comfortable chair that’s within your budget?  For $1,500, you could pick up a decent used Ekornes Stressless chair instead of a poser Eames knock-off.

https://qz.com/quartzy/1028802/cheap-eames-aeron-and-barcelona-chairs-inside-the-black-market-for-fake-designer-furniture/

D45EF158-71C6-4589-80FE-5435BD9D6E5B.jpeg

4 hours ago, sputnik said:

Why not simply save up for the real thing or just buy another comfortable chair that’s within your budget?  For $1,500, you could pick up a decent used Ekornes Stressless chair instead of a poser Eames knock-off.

https://qz.com/quartzy/1028802/cheap-eames-aeron-and-barcelona-chairs-inside-the-black-market-for-fake-designer-furniture/

D45EF158-71C6-4589-80FE-5435BD9D6E5B.jpeg

I think it's better to get the knock off.. And spend the rest on upgrading your equipment

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, michaelwjones said:

Because to me, the poser chair is more comfortable than the Stressless chair.

Since they stole the design, I wonder if the sellers of these counterfeit chairs would object if you paid them with counterfeit money.  😕

• Like 1