New To Me - MUSIC

Gilbert

Now and again it happens; I befriend someone that's a bit younger and with whom I share a common interest. That interest is usually work related, but whatever it is, we'll inevitably discuss music. Music is the one enjoyable constant in my life that's existed from a very young age.  And as much as I enjoy listening to different types of music, it will inevitably happens......  Bang!!!!  someone introduces me to something new to me, but has been around for over a decade or two or three. It's been more than a decade since I've experienced one of these "music awakening", and this time it stung a bit harder than in the past. It stung because I'd been enjoying music from the sister bands that were born from the mother, a mother I was never exposed to because the artists' life was cut short.

So without further ado, what's new to me may be old to you.....    Enjoy;  Stargazer, by "Mother Love Bone". RIP Andrew Wood.

What's new to you??

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the bang.  Slim Harpo (Louisiana swamp Blues).  The Rolling Stones, Muddy Waters, The Grateful Dead, The Kinks, Pink Floyd all took inspiration from Slim.  A lot of R.I.P.'s here.  Better late than never for my ears.

• Like 1

@Gilbert That takes me back to an era at The Milestone Club. Black Flag, AntiSeen etc. Not sure that they every played it back then but they were in the same un-genre of music!

New to me and I'm digging the utter difference from what I usually listen to. CDB, Marshall Tucker for southern rock since way back. Arthur Smith, Roy Clark, Flatt & Scruggs too. I was more Zep, Aero & Teddy as a teen.

These cats were described by another that gave it a listen at the youtube thread as "neuvo bluegrass" maybe? Give `em a listen, can't deny the talent not sure if you'll like it... that's the breaks!

• Like 1