KP-301 on that site.....

CWOReilly

A PAIR OF GIANT KLIPSCH 301 PA SPEAKERS, 2 HORNS AND A 15 INCH WOOFER. THESE ARE VINTAGE, LARGE AND HEAVY. ASKING 250.00 FOR THE PAIR, OR MAKE OFFER."   

but the auction is for $500 buy it now???  

edit: i asked the seller why the price difference,  he said he copied the description from his facebook marketplace ad... so these were $250 if bought from marketplace but $500 on ebay. looks like they sold on ebay so someone paid 2x what they could have on FB.  but was a good deal either way. 

I ended up buying these KP-301s. They were fairly close and I’ve been looking for a set for almost a year. They are pretty beat up and need work. I’ve stripped them down and am almost done sanding and filling the chips and dents. I have an email in to Crites re crossover repair kit and new diaphragms. One had a JBL E-140 -8 in place of the original K48 woofer. Not sure what to do about that. Anyway thanks for the Alert! I finally found a set of KP-301s.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ArmandCroft said:

I ended up buying these KP-301s. They were fairly close and I’ve been looking for a set for almost a year. They are pretty beat up and need work. I’ve stripped them down and am almost done sanding and filling the chips and dents. I have an email in to Crites re crossover repair kit and new diaphragms. One had a JBL E-140 -8 in place of the original K48 woofer. Not sure what to do about that. Anyway thanks for the Alert! I finally found a set of KP-301s.

I almost asked if you got them. Saw your post asking about crossovers. Congrats and enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks to you CW. I searched KP-301s on Google every morning for 7-8 months and that lucky morning I saw your alert. They ended up being about 2 hours away. I wish I’d have seen the comment about the $250 on Facebook but I’m very happy as it stands. Full restoration in progress. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ArmandCroft said:

Thanks to you CW. I searched KP-301s on Google every morning for 7-8 months and that lucky morning I saw your alert. They ended up being about 2 hours away. I wish I’d have seen the comment about the $250 on Facebook but I’m very happy as it stands. Full restoration in progress. Thanks.

You will love them.

11 hours ago, ArmandCroft said:

keep an eye out on ebay or on here,  K48s come up for sale on occasion. 

thats great you got these & $500 is still a very good price for 301s... kinda shady the seller wanted $500 on ebay but would take $250 on FB marketplace,  he only paid ~$50 in ebay fees so the price was jacked up more than it needed to be. 

6 hours ago, ArmandCroft said:

<snip>

Full restoration in progress. Thanks.

I looked for for a while before finding a pair of 301. I have AB, AC, BC, AD, BD, CD tweeters against one another. Dave A's L-MAHL won every time. As far as woofers, I have had great luck with the Eminence Kappa Pro. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 1:03 AM, ArmandCroft said:

I ended up buying these KP-301s. They were fairly close and I’ve been looking for a set for almost a year. They are pretty beat up and need work. I’ve stripped them down and am almost done sanding and filling the chips and dents. I have an email in to Crites  crossover repair kit and new diaphragms. One had a JBL E-140 -8 in place of the original K48 woofer. Not sure what to do about that. Anyway thanks for the Alert! I finally found a set of KP-301s.

reach out to @JEM Performance   for  a quote on any Klipsch capacitors - FYI Sonicaps dont sound as good as klipsch capacitors ,

theaudioroom@verizon.net  JEM Performance Audio (412) 401-6915

klipsch Parts sell the factory TI  diaphragms rated at 250 watts for 34$ / shipped / Ti Diaphragm part # 127123       

https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

7 hours ago, ArmandCroft said:

Michael Crites will provide great customer service, and you should be very pleased with the Sonicaps.

• Like 1

By any chance you find a source for the "Klipsch Professional" badges for these - I would love to get a couple for my KP-3002s. 

Good luck on the capacitor search - I learned the Professional series have pretty beefy cap's that aren't easy to source Klipsch OEM replacements (at last for mine).

Looks like a fun project & then later enjoy - rock on!!

Aloha,

Rick

Yeah Rick, I love those badges too. These came with the plain brass rectangles with Klipsch in black block letters. I figure I'll keep them since they're the  originals  (I'm assuming). Thanks to all of you folks helping me out with sources and information on these somewhat mercurial speakers. I am posting pics of my progress in pro audio under kp-301 crossovers. Cheers! Armand

As long as that A&B thing doesn't bug you, would not change. The Chief said JEM 

may would have caps could use beyond Heritage models.

Availability may be an issue.

A lot of crossover have and 

use the Sonicap.

If you can solder, it could come in handy, if get curious in time.

It's clear Klipsch users feel strongly about their capacitors. I love passion about things that are important in one's life. We're discussing parts that most people don't even know exist in their audio equipment, all because we are united in our love of music and sound which leads us on a path to better both the understanding of its workings and the desire to make it better. I say that's a good debate to be part of. Respect to all on here.

• Like 1