Klipsch Heresy vs Klipsch RP 6000f

Ram18

I wish  to enquire from klipsch enthusiasts out there if its worthwhile to upgrade from my klipsch rp 6000f to klipsch heresy IV. I use my speakers for both music and movies. My equipment are as follows:

Music

Klipsch RP 6000f

Xtz power amp

Musical Paradise Tube pre amp

Movies

In addtion to front Klipsch 6000f fronts have Jamo surrounds and height speakers

Klipsch RP 600 centre channel speaker

Klipsch 10 inched subs

Onkyo 8300 AV receiver

Just wondering if I would get a substantial upgrade over my music stereo listening and movie audio if I swap my 6000f fronts to Heresy IV. Always have been intrigued by the Heresys.

I have a small living room. Say 10 feet 4 inches by 10 feet. Listening position to speakers about 7 feet.

Its gonna be a considerable investment. So hope to hear your thoughts if its worth it

Appreciate your views.

Good afternoon Ram18,

I have not owned the 6000f’s, but, I have owned Cornwalls, 8000f’s and currently, Heresy iii’s. If you watch a LOT of movies, you MAY be happier with the 6000f’s. They dig deeper than the Heresy’s, and you may like them better for the movie effects. For 2 channel listening, at least to my ears, it is”no contest”! That’s why my Heresy iii’s are still here, and the 8000f’s are not! The 8000f’s didn’t come close to that LIVE sound in my listening room that the Heresy iii’s deliver SO much better.

Bill

Edited by 1OldTubeGuy

I've got three sets of Klipsch...Heresyiiis, rf62iis, and RP 280fs.  For 2 channel music the Heresys are the most refined and since I'm not a bass head, I prefer them for music listening.  But...both the 62s and the 280s are still awfully good for music and since they both go deeper, they're better for movies.  Crutchfield currently has the 280s on sale and at 1/3 the price of the Heresys I'd give them a hard look.

Stick with what you have. While Heresies have a reputation, they don't play as low as your RP-6000f's. Sure; the Heresies will voice differently with a horn loaded midrange driver and your RP's are 2 way, but Heresies (I own a pair) won't be a revelation. Also, your listening room is relatively small so space is at a premium, and your RP's have a smaller footprint vs. the Heresies.

Thank you all for your valuable inisghts.  I think I will keep my klipsch 6000f as the consensus is the the Heresy is much better for 2.1  music listening and not HT. I  do music and movies somewhat equally so retaining my 6000f sounds logical. Plus my room is small and 8000f may be an overkill. Perhaps I will consider 402s klipsch surrounds to replace my jamo floor standing surrounds. You guys just saved me some quid. Thanks so much!

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 11:50 AM, Ram18 said:

the consensus is the the Heresy is much better for 2.1  music listening and not HT.

I would not agree here.  Both can do a wonderful job with music and movies.  I don't think you can go wrong at all with either speaker for both genres.

Bill

• Like 1