Jubilee numbers

richieb

1. I don't know any official numbers BUT, at one time, started to keep notes (as many new buyers asked some of the older buyers questions so I had an inkling of who was interested)

2.  Kept a spreadsheet.....got a bit overwhelming so stopped BUT, Chris A kept some of the notes.

To that end, it appears to be around 50?

1 minute ago, codewritinfool said:

I know I've been absent for a while, but when did they become unobtainium?

Fairly recently. With the advent of new improved model ($35K a pair!!) a decision was made to discontinue. I and others thought maybe the full 3 way cinema units might still be available but no not those either. I believe Schu got THE last pair from Cory at Paducah Home Theater.

• Like 2

The end of the production run of the  1st gen Jubilee was late 2020 or early Jan 2021 .

2 pairs were leftover for sale of the Jubilee /veneer/ DSP in Jan  2021  .  that's all Folks .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Schu said:

need to delete that audition list... auditions aren't need for a speaker that isn't made any longer.

Sure they are - keeps driving the mystique and prices ^^^^^. And the more unobtainable the continued mystique. The continued “want”. The continued price escalation - . It’s a viscous circle - 

• Like 3

I'm probably going to still go for it, DIY plans for the bass bin are available and the K-402, drivers and crossover schematics are all still out there and available.

Looks like a tough build though, I've never built anything more than boxes.

Edited by dmckean44
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...