FS GE 6SN7 tubes 'short bottle'

captainbeefheart

These are a different variation of the GE 6SN7's without the filament string across the top. These are the short bottle types, I think they changed designs for lower noise figures and less gas problems you see from larger bottles. Very good tubes, again I had less of these (20) to match up but made up a nice quad (or two pairs), all screened and tested for usual suspects like all my tubes, no gas, no noise, matched triode sections, matched gain and low distortion. These were higher in distortion compared to the pair of Raytheons I have for sale. The "glow domes" had a little higher second harmonic compared to these. The distortion is about in the middle between the glow domes and the Ratheons. Mind you I'm not talking huge differences but want to give people an idea how they test and may sound depending on the circuit. Open loop these differences will be more noticeable, with say a negative feedback differences in tubes matter less.I typically use the simulated distortion figure as a baseline to go from, the Glow domes were close, slightly higher second harmonic so fairly benign but may give more "warmth", these GE types test pretty spot on to how the simulation tests and the Raytheon pair actually tested lower distortion than the simulation.

$100/quad includes shipping

$60/pair includes shipping

20220421_141035.jpg

20220421_141046.jpg

From Brent Jesse Recording:

"These sound as good as the redbase RCA at a fraction of the cost. A bit of pleasant warmth in the midrange, plus some reports indicate the side mounted getter adds ridigity to the plate structure, reducing microphonics. These are a bargain now, but as "fad" NOS tubes vanish, these quality USA performers will be worth their weight in gold."