Sunfire Cinema Grand Repair Options

3 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Which model do you have, is it one of the original 19" versions? Signature or standard? 5 channel or 7? How long have you owned it? That silver 200x7 I posted a link for is the last version Sunfire made before moving production to China, it has all of the factory updates and higher quality capacitors already installed. It was built in 2005 and with the higher quality parts will likely easily last 10+ more years without need for servicing. 

The seller read seems to be into nice decent quality items.

Decent reviews on eBay and rating. Almost bought it myself. 

@Jedster1...Into Carver brand also. Had the A500X forget the Carver pre model.

Yes, you got the audio bug for certain. Lol...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

The seller read seems to be into nice decent quality items.

Decent reviews on eBay and rating. Almost bought it myself. 

Yes, you got the audio bug for certain. Lol...

I've purchased several items from TMR over the years always top notch service and they use a special custom foam packaging system that seems to work well. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I've purchased several items from TMR over the years always top notch service and they use a special custom foam packaging system that seems to work well. 

That's the impression I got!

Yes that packaging is cool.

Upon your experience, will keep them in mind.

Hope OP can get it sorted out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I wandered off. My amp is the 19” Signature 400 - Seven. I’ve had it about a year or so. I’m kind of all in with this unit,it wouldn’t make sense to spend nearly what I’ve got in this one for another unit. Might as well get this one refurbed. Obviously when buying vintage electronics, failure is a possibility, so I factored in potential repairs. Figuring on at least being able to have it refurbished if it failed. That being said, repair costs were a bit lower a year or so ago. But c’est La vie. 
I’m sure it’ll get sorted, if not I guess I’ll try find something new that I like as much, for something approaching a “reasonable” price. Which might not be easy. For now at least I’ve got adequate sound. I’ll update as things progress. I’ve yet to contact the folks at Atlantic, but there’s a chance I might be in the northeast in the not too distant future. That might make a $ difference, to eliminate at least half the shipping costs. 

• Like 1