Cannot update cinema 800

Ashley

Hi~

I am a soundbar newbie, it's my first time to update soundbar and it makes me feel really really hard.

My cinema800's  firmware is pretty old (MCU v76 and DSP v4.4), sometimes it becomes silent for a longtime, so I try to update it. Cinema 800 is already connected to WIFI but automatic update seems not work. The link below is the only article I can find to update cinema 800 locally but it's dead.

https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406163207316-Cinema-800-Firmware-Update

Is there any other update flow article for cinema 800? Thanks.

• Like 1

@Ashley      Let's try this ,

here's a link to klipsch Customer Service ,   fill the form ,  add your email  , and all your contact information  , mention the product you are using ........the Cinema 800 , indicate the problem .....you're having and request that they send you the link by Email , for  the Firmware upgrade on a File that you can download directly via your Email /PC , laptop .

▶️https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

8 hours ago, RandyH said:

@Ashley      Let's try this ,

here's a link to klipsch Customer Service ,   fill the form ,  add your email  , and all your contact information  , mention the product you are using ........the Cinema 800 , indicate the problem .....you're having and request that they send you the link by Email , for  the Firmware upgrade on a File that you can download directly via your Email /PC , laptop .

▶️https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks a lot, will send the request ASAP~   Hope the link can be accessible soon.  :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Thanks a lot, will send the request ASAP~   Hope the link can be accessible soon.  :D 

klipsch tech support handles the  USA   but I will keep my fingers crossed  ,that they can help you , as well    try to reach out to the klipsch distributor in your Country , they should be able to support you right away

On 4/28/2022 at 9:14 AM, RandyH said:

klipsch tech support handles the  USA   but I will keep my fingers crossed  ,that they can help you , as well    try to reach out to the klipsch distributor in your Country , they should be able to support you right away

After contacting Klipsch Customer Service, they noticed me that they are updating firmware update flow so that the link of firmware update  cannot be access yet.

Thanks for the reply, will wait Klipsch to finish link update of firmware update.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 9:44 PM, Ashley said:

Hi~

I am a soundbar newbie, it's my first time to update soundbar and it makes me feel really really hard.

My cinema800's  firmware is pretty old (MCU v76 and DSP v4.4), sometimes it becomes silent for a longtime, so I try to update it. Cinema 800 is already connected to WIFI but automatic update seems not work. The link below is the only article I can find to update cinema 800 locally but it's dead.

https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406163207316-Cinema-800-Firmware-Update

Is there any other update flow article for cinema 800? Thanks.

@Ashley, Welcome to the Klipsch forums.

There have been two firmware updates to address known issues since DSP 4.4 but Klipsch has removed them from the website because they have created additional issues on some soundbars. Klipsch is working on new firmware updates which, hopefully, will be available shortly.

If the Cinema 800 and Cinema 1200 have a connection to the Internet they will try to update the firmware automatically but most of the time it fails. The workaround is to install the firmware manually. The procedure is described in the link you provided but, as you now know, it has been removed. Please contact Klipsch Product Support. They will notify you when new firmware becomes available. They have also provided some customers a link to DSP 4.9 as an interim solution.

For more information, see the Cinema 800 - Landing Page and review other Cinema 800 and Cinema 1200 posts.   

7 hours ago, billybob said:

Thanks for taking on the sound bar questions and answers in the past here. Abit scattered around the forum. Decent job!

You're very welcome. We do what we can. 🙂

I haven't had a chance to review threads on other products. I've had my hands full dealing with soundbar issues here and on another popular forum. I hope customers are happier with Klipsch's higher end products!

Kevin

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 6:29 AM, Ashley said:

After contacting Klipsch Customer Service, they noticed me that they are updating firmware update flow so that the link of firmware update  cannot be access yet.

Thanks for the reply, will wait Klipsch to finish link update of firmware update.

great news .

• 3 months later...

Many months later, and this still seems to be an issue. Firmware isn't available on the website, and the soundbar seems to fail constantly on the automatic update.

My bar came with 1.0.124.0x7182970 and seems to fail even trying to get it to update to 1.0.138.0x88f6cd2. Any ideas?

Hi @DevinS

Welcome to the Klipsch community forum.

Have you had an opportunity to review the many Cinema 800 articles Klipsch has provided?

12 hours ago, DevinS said:

Firmware isn't available on the website

Yes, It was removed a while back.

The latest firmware can't be installed if the currently installed firmware is too old. If that happens to be the case, Klipsch will provide you with intermediate version that will then allow you to install the current version. To insure you are given the correct version to install, Klipsch wants to verify the version that is currently installed before providing you with links to the new one.

These are the current firmware versions for the Cinema 800:

MCU 107 > WIFI 1.0.209.0 > DSP 5.0 > SUR T 04 > SUR R 11 > SUB T 03 > SUB R 02 > HDMI 43

Follow this article and record the firmware versions that are currently installed on your soundbar:

Cinema 800 - How to Check Firmware Versions

Next, Submit a request to Klipsch asking for links to the latest firmware. Be sure to provide the versions that are now installed on your soundbar.

12 hours ago, DevinS said:

the soundbar seems to fail constantly on the automatic update

This is an issue with the firmware that was initially installed on many new Cinema 800 and Cinema 1200 soundbars. Thankfully, this issue has been almost completely resolved with the latest firmware update.

Please let us know if this information helps you resolve your issue.