Klipschorn Corner Horn Speakers

Aiverson93

Hi, my dad recently passed and he had a speaker/stereo obsession. I inherited all of his speakers and such and I was hoping to get some more info on some speakers he owned and maybe just value. I have no intention of selling because I loved these growing up as a kid and they hold a lot of centmential value. I hope this is the right spot to post, but if not maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I can take more pictures if needed as well. These speakers were signed by Paul Klipsch as well (under the tested section).

IMG-1901.jpg

IMG-1902.jpg

IMG-1900.jpg

IMG-1899.jpg

IMG-1898.jpg

• Moderators

Very nice collection there, glad to hear you will be enjoying them for awhile.

The Khorn "B" S/N 1803 was signed and tested by Paul W. Klipsch on  [EDIT] July 15, 1963, That's a nice little bonus. 

And you have a pair of the K-5-J original style Khorns, S/N 1938 and 1957. Those came in many variations, with different options, etc., some photos of those speakers, and the drivers would help the Historian @JRH pin those down for you.

• Like 1

@Aiverson93   , KHORN SER# 1802 was signed by Portus Gilley    , and Lloyd S, McClellan ( PWK's 1st Employee )

KHORN SER# 1803  was also signed  by  Portus Gilley (6th PWK Employee  )

• Moderators
On 4/28/2022 at 7:40 AM, JRH said:

It is unusual for PWK's signature to be present during this time period.  Both were shipped to Hess Recorder Company on July 15, 1963.  

It was hard to read, I thought the 7 was a 9, after another look, it's clear that it is a 7. So PWK tested/signed one of them on July 15, 1963 and they shipped the same day. 

• Like 1