Lascala AL5 Review From Soundstage.

Yep, it was a good review , but he was just stating the obvious, if he  had written a bad review on the Klipsch , it would have implied  that there are better  more capable speakers out there , but I can’t really think of any speaker  that  compares  to the Lascala, there really in a class of there own . 🤓

I noticed that the reviewer commented on the Lascalas not imaging well like many modern speakers do. Not the first time I have heard this, why would this be the case? Is it the wide baffle? I've read that the wide baffle Orangutans and the other apes series from Devore image well. The horns themselves or are they just incorrect?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YK Thom said:

I noticed that the reviewer commented on the Lascalas not imaging well like many modern speakers do. Not the first time I have heard this, why would this be the case? Is it the wide baffle? I've read that the wide baffle Orangutans and the other apes series from Devore image well. The horns themselves or are they just incorrect?

Imaging can be greatly affected by wall proximity , distance between speakers and acoustics . I noticed that the reviewers room had the speakers tight to both side and back walls ( back walls being highly reflective) and too far apart for best imaging . Reflections from nearby walls tend to interact with the speakers direct sound which confuses our sense of distance and therefore the placement of instruments . I would think that a horns controlled directivity would actually be a plus to imaging. Personally I wouldn’t put to much emphasis on the reviewers comments on this because imaging results are likely to vary greatly from one room to another.

• Like 2

I get what he’s saying. Some speakers, especially monitors or slim towers can have pinpoint imaging. But who’s to say if that’s better? I will take realism that horns can create over exact imaging any day. I’ve had speakers with a deeper soundstage and more defined imaging. But LaScalas are some of the best Heritage speakers at that to me. It’s just not what they are best at.

• Like 5

Pin point... or thin.

the horn profile of a Klipsch heritage has a wide dispersion... WIDE sound stage.

it's a matter of taste... I prefer enveloping and wide over thin.

• Like 2