Which would you rather have?

Reason I was asking is...

i have a pair of speakers for sale right now (not Klipsch) and I could buy a set of Hersey’s for basically the same money they sell for. Or sell both the Quartets and the non Klipsch and get the Forte 2’s for the same money.  

Which I may do in the future. 

My thought was 4 speakers better than 2. 

So I will keep the Quartets until I can upgrade to Fortes. I’ve already gone down the rabbit hole far enough....for now anyway. 

Thanks for the advice. 

• Like 1

...keep the Quartets until you can land some Klipsch with a 15” woofer, especially the Pro stuff.

And at some point in your life, you owe it to yourself, and everyone you love, to audition a pair of La Scalas in your own space.

If the price is right, they are rent free when you sell them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, methylenedioxymethamphetam said:

Danley Jericho.  I was trying to suggest something similar in price and size to consider in the realm of what OP inquired about.   MCM 1900 fantastic, sure.  Who can fit that in the average listening room? 

anyone who tries. Danley = $$$$$$

• Like 1

The Chorus was mentioned earlier. If it was included in the OP’s post. That’s what I would have chosen. I’ve owned both Forte II and Forte III’s and would pick the Chorus I or II over the entire lot. They are very good speakers. It took La Scala’s to best  my Chorus II’s. Sometimes I wish I would have kept those. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, nickyboy6100 said:

It took La Scala’s to best  my Chorus II’s. Sometimes I wish I would have kept those. 

I transported a pair of Chorus IIs for a former forum member. While I had them in my possession, I tried them out. They would have been my choice after my LaScalas, too.

Ended up with MWM cabinets for a while. Just go big... go ahead, get it over with. You won't be satisfied with much else after you do that.

On 4/29/2022 at 4:39 PM, Wishihadklipsch said:

sell both the Quartets and the non Klipsch and get the Forte 2’s  

This is what I'd do in you're situation for 2 channel stereo the forte II's are no slouch and dig pretty deep in the bass department easily head and shoulders above the Quartet I'd say. 

On 4/29/2022 at 4:39 PM, Wishihadklipsch said:

Reason I was asking is...

i have a pair of speakers for sale right now (not Klipsch) and I could buy a set of Hersey’s for basically the same money they sell for. Or sell both the Quartets and the non Klipsch and get the Forte 2’s for the same money.  

Which I may do in the future. 

My thought was 4 speakers better than 2. 

So I will keep the Quartets until I can upgrade to Fortes. I’ve already gone down the rabbit hole far enough....for now anyway. 

Thanks for the advice. 

Quartet already has the Tractrix midrange and a 10" woofer instead of a 12" or 15"

Easy path is to just add a good subwoofer and call it a day because you already own the Quartets. 

Post some pics. 

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

I transported a pair of Chorus IIs for a former forum member. While I had them in my possession, I tried them out. They would have been my choice after my LaScalas, too.

Ended up with MWM cabinets for a while. Just go big... go ahead, get it over with. You won't be satisfied with much else after you do that.

Ain’t that the truth!