Cornwall 3 vs Cornwall 4 impression

28 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Start a thread brother. 

Hey Chief , just trying hard to be humorous  , I accidentally stepped into a subwoofer controversy  awhile back ,even got into a little trouble for it . Didn’t really want anybody to open that can of worms .🤓

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

If you think 6600.00 for quality speakers is absurd, you need to get out more…..

Kevin Deal at Upscale covered price increases in  several of his videos quite well. His La Scala video also contributed to the original price hikes as well because he was speaking about how Klipsch never raised their rates which ran parallel with inflation till that video. But really, the costs are inflated. Shakey, you're taking my comments out of context. $6,600 dollars is not expensive for high end speakers in the grand scheme, so of course I agree with you. I'm referring to the "relative" cost of the Cornwall itself and what a consumer is having to pay now relative to real cost. I've worked in corporate business sales, so I have a pretty good idea how things generally work. 

I have been a wood craftsman myself for over 30 years in astronomy and have my own wood shop. I designed and built all my own plinths for audio gear, built my own telescopes, observing chairs, desks, lamps, you name it. A Cornwall is a box. I built boxes out of wood for a living for many years. I can show you links of all the work in my own industry. 

When you have all the machinery, marketing and sales crew, you forecast and purchase materials based on sales history. Once you have an assembly line going and skilled craftsman to do it, you can turn out these products pretty fast. I don't doubt some tool & die to manufacture the horns was expensive, but to jack up the prices as much as they are is going overboard, especially when they are using compressed particle board. That stuff is cheap and inexpensive compared to real plywood which Klipsch used in the past, yet the prices have skyrocketed. We've all heard the Covid supply issues crap long enough but even that isn't enough to justify the price hikes. It's corporate management choices because in the end, it's just a business. 

Heck, I get emails all the time about Klipsch sales. Have you ever seen Klipsch ever do one single sale on the Heritage series? It's always those dime a dozen speakers out of China they do sales on, but never the Heritage series. When you buy big quantities of wood, you are making deals which cuts costs down. I know rates on materials have gone up but let's get serious here. It's not what the current pricing reflects.

People can order fully restored Klipsch speakers from Klipsch Restorations with beautiful Crites crossovers for half the price of the latest models. With regard to the OP, it absolutely amazes me how opinionated people are about all the new IV products when in fact most of the opinions that are so strong are coming from individuals who haven't even listened to them side by side. I guarantee countless listers would fail blind tests miserably. You guys make the older Klipsch Heritage speakers sound as if they're crap compared to the new gear and you guys sound absurd. People exaggerate too much. 

I prefer not to buy into all the marketing propaganda too many people fall into without hearing some real side by side comparisons. All the new series IV speakers are absolutely beautiful looking speakers compared to the older models, but the sound is another story. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

I know right.  My guys and I must suck at this……you can ask all you want.  Doesn’t mean I have to answer. And it’s because my answers will not matter. Mr K had a sign on his desk that I always laughed at…..don’t bother me with the facts. I got my mind made up. 

I suppose he ran into a fair number of people who had made up their minds, fact be dammed. You, and others have shown that PWK was open to change, but always skeptical.

Two quick examples - modified tractrix and vented-horn LF. I think on the former it was a paper/dissertation that brought him around and the dirty curves on the latter. 

He seemed very entrenched on some things (those that he probably discovered, literally, in the field) but open to advancements in the art, albeit, only after confirmation. He probably saw and heard so much bullshit in the 50 years leading up the timeframe he was looking at tractrix and that vented horn LB, who could blame him for being extremally skeptical. 

Didn't Mr. K have at least 4 different upgrade kits for the Khorn alone, before 1980? 

A lot of advancements, improvements, etc. are hidden gems in the DFH's. 

• Like 3

Someone said if you have to ask about price, you can't afford them.

Price is relative. Do comparisons.

Anything that can begin to touch Klipsch will be  more.

Thanks!

PS: Never got a cool Klipsch cap for summer but, bought my own knockoff.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Edgar said:

I should mention that, prior to the Bonehead Class in late 2019, I had never heard a Cornwall of any flavor. So my exposure to the CW3 and CW4 was with no prior history, no preconceptions, and no skin in the game. I thought that the CW4 offered superior sound quality to the CW3.

YMMV, and that's OK with me.

But you were not blindfolded, and you drank the free booze, therefore your opinion is invalid (even so, as per usual, you are spot on).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom05 said:

Hey Chief , just trying hard to be humorous  , I accidentally stepped into a subwoofer controversy  awhile back ,even got into a little trouble for it . Didn’t really want anybody to open that can of worms .🤓

Dang...,👀

• Haha 1

• Klipsch Employees
9 hours ago, angelaudio said:

Kevin Deal at Upscale covered price increases in  several of his videos quite well. His La Scala video also contributed to the original price hikes as well because he was speaking about how Klipsch never raised their rates which ran parallel with inflation till that video. But really, the costs are inflated. Shakey, you're taking my comments out of context. $6,600 dollars is not expensive for high end speakers in the grand scheme, so of course I agree with you. I'm referring to the "relative" cost of the Cornwall itself and what a consumer is having to pay now relative to real cost. I've worked in corporate business sales, so I have a pretty good idea how things generally work. 

I have been a wood craftsman myself for over 30 years in astronomy and have my own wood shop. I designed and built all my own plinths for audio gear, built my own telescopes, observing chairs, desks, lamps, you name it. A Cornwall is a box. I built boxes out of wood for a living for many years. I can show you links of all the work in my own industry. 

When you have all the machinery, marketing and sales crew, you forecast and purchase materials based on sales history. Once you have an assembly line going and skilled craftsman to do it, you can turn out these products pretty fast. I don't doubt some tool & die to manufacture the horns was expensive, but to jack up the prices as much as they are is going overboard, especially when they are using compressed particle board. That stuff is cheap and inexpensive compared to real plywood which Klipsch used in the past, yet the prices have skyrocketed. We've all heard the Covid supply issues crap long enough but even that isn't enough to justify the price hikes. It's corporate management choices because in the end, it's just a business. 

Heck, I get emails all the time about Klipsch sales. Have you ever seen Klipsch ever do one single sale on the Heritage series? It's always those dime a dozen speakers out of China they do sales on, but never the Heritage series. When you buy big quantities of wood, you are making deals which cuts costs down. I know rates on materials have gone up but let's get serious here. It's not what the current pricing reflects.

People can order fully restored Klipsch speakers from Klipsch Restorations with beautiful Crites crossovers for half the price of the latest models. With regard to the OP, it absolutely amazes me how opinionated people are about all the new IV products when in fact most of the opinions that are so strong are coming from individuals who haven't even listened to them side by side. I guarantee countless listers would fail blind tests miserably. You guys make the older Klipsch Heritage speakers sound as if they're crap compared to the new gear and you guys sound absurd. People exaggerate too much. 

I prefer not to buy into all the marketing propaganda too many people fall into without hearing some real side by side comparisons. All the new series IV speakers are absolutely beautiful looking speakers compared to the older models, but the sound is another story. 

Interesting…….wrong……but interesting. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

But you were not blindfolded, and you drank the free booze, therefore your opinion is invalid (even so, as per usual, you are spot on).

Gotta correct you on that one, Travis. While I admittedly wasn't blindfolded, I abstained from the booze, as usual.

But your statement gets down to a finer point: how can a person's opinion be invalid? An argument can be invalid, if it's not supported by facts. But an opinion needs nothing more than a person to formulate it.

• Like 3

And this thread goes on and on. There has not been built a bad Cornwall speaker, period. As far as 4 sounding better, one would hope so after decades of being offered. Progress marches on. But this is what we do on forums. Mine is better than yours!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

And this thread goes on and on. There has not been built a bad Cornwall speaker, period. As far as 4 sounding better, one would hope so after decades of being offered. Progress marches on. But this is what we do on forums. Mine is better than yours!

No, sorry, mine is better👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just thought I would add for those saying the Heritage line is overpriced. The Heritage line is not for the masses but for audiophiles wanting the best sound. Much like any high end audio gear. If one wants the best you have to pay the price. It really is that simple. 

Klipsch has many really great sounding speakers that make up most of there sales to compete with the other speakers at reasonable competitive prices. 

16 hours ago, Curious_George said:

So 88, are you saying that "equilibrium" has been reached, thus entropy is at it's highest?

Ludwig Boltzmann would draw exactly this conclusion if he could see my home office.

5 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

Your wrong, mine is better.

Finally we have reached the highest level of fine-structured and highly differentiated exchange of ideas that I have always imagined in my dreams.🤠

• Like 2