Jump to content

Cornwall 3 vs Cornwall 4 impression


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

 

I think you are getting all worked up over nothing. If you've heard them both and found nothing wanting with the III, just consider yourself $$ ahead.


👍😄

 

Seems a couple on here just can’t except others having different opinions from theirs and if you do your just a gullible “Fanboy”….

 

 

miketn

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:


👍😄

 

Seems a couple on here just can’t except others having different opinions from theirs and if you do your just a gullible “Fanboy”….

 

 

miketn

In this day and age people not accepting another’s opinion without being coerced, bullied or called the “label” of the day? Say it ain’t so Mike.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

In this day and age people not accepting another’s opinion without being coerced, bullied or called the “label” of the day? Say it ain’t so Mike.

 

Hey Richie I could tell more but I’ll let this shocker settle down first.

 

miketn😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ODS123 said:

Statistically, that means nothing.  ..Did everyone know what they were hearing?  Then of course they're going to think the newer model with the visibly larger mid-horn is going to sound better.  ...Especially if it's preceded by a product presentation explaining how it was improved and what to listen for.

That right there is downright funny. Casting shade on a group of people whose capabilities, judgement and experience you know nothing of but then can be assumed by you to be far less than yours. I hear it can be quite windy when you live on the mountain top by yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, richieb said:

In this day and age people not accepting another’s opinion without being coerced, bullied or called the “label” of the day? Say it ain’t so Mike.


 

...just don't call me cracker, I prefer the term "Saltine-American"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rolox said:

Those are absurd claims, sorry.

It's easy to see, for anyone who knows a thing or two about speaker design (especially with the Cornwall IV) WHY the version IV is better. You see it immediately even before listening to it. Then you listen to it, and you hear exactly what is to be expected from the upgrades.

I'm sorry but that tiny *** midrange horn of the previous version is just a bad compromise. It's never been designed for the Cornwall, they used the Heresy horn for years (and even in the Heresy, that horn wasn't so good to start with). It's too small and when it comes to horns, size matters A LOT. It's also an outdated exponential design. 

With the new midrange horn, and new driver, Klipsch finally offers the Cornwall a quality design in the most important part of the frequency range. Add to that a better crossover from our friend Roy Delgado and his team, and yes, it's a much better design altogether, and it sounds better as a result, as it should.

 

 

Until those like yourself who feel so strongly do some real side by side comparisons, this discussion is going nowhere. There is no video in existence where a Cornwall III vs IV has been done. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, babadono said:

Dave, perception bias is a real thing, just sayin'

You are not kidding. This is the same guy who swore Klipsch Pro gear he had never heard was fit for only train stations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, babadono said:

Dave, perception bias is a real thing, just sayin'

 

Yes and I hope most people that have been in this hobby have learned to account for it.

 

What do you think is the reason why a person that makes assumptions about an event they didn’t attend or assumptions  about people they haven’t met and haven’t even done a side by side comparison and yet he concludes those who did are unjustified in their opinions..???  

 

miketn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Yes and I hope most people that have been in this hobby have learned to account for it.

Mike,

 

There is NO way to account for it apart from being blinded from knowing what you are hearing.  It is NOT an indictment of peoples' integrity or experience.

 

The people who participate in pharmaceutical clinical drug trials are not weak-minded overly impressionable people.  In the case of asthma meds, these are people who are experiencing REAL, ongoing, often life-altering symptoms.  Yet, they still report a remarkable improvement in symptoms when they are taking a placebo.  The Pharmaceutical company's hope, of course, is that the improvement they experience in the drugX arm of the study EXCEEDs the improvement in the Placebo arm by a statistically significant degree.  If not, then the study's endpoints are not met and the drug doesn't get approved. ..B/c it's no better than placebo (or whatever other drug it's being compared to)

 

Again...  I'm flabbergasted that there is soooo little interest in validity testing in this hobby.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ODS123 said:

There is NO way to account for it apart from being blinded from knowing what you are hearing.  It is NOT an indictment of peoples' integrity or experience.

 

I understand what you are saying but do you understand that just because the evaluation wasn’t performed in the blind it doesn’t mean the opinions expressed were wrong either or worthless..?

 

miketn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

 

I understand what you are saying but do you understand that just because the evaluation wasn’t performed in the blind it doesn’t mean the opinions expressed were wrong either or worthless..?

 

miketn

 

Worthless?  ..Well, almost.

 

Look, if I was invited to the Klipsch mothership by it's chief engineer for the unveiling of their newest CW, I would have excitedly accepted the offer - like anyone here would.   I would have enjoyed the presentation, the music, and the camaraderie.  But that hardly passes as an environment where people are able to make an unbiased assessment of what they are hearing.   To say "I don't hear a difference" or "I hear a difference, but I don't think it's necessarily better" in that context/environment would be like showing up to the hospital and refusing to say your friends new baby is beautiful. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ODS123 said:

Look, if I was invited to the Klipsch mothership by it's chief engineer for the unveiling of their newest CW, I would have excitedly accepted the offer - like anyone here would.   I would have enjoyed the presentation, the music, and the camaraderie.  But that hardly passes as an environment where people are able to make an unbiased assessment of what they are hearing.   To say "I don't hear a difference" or "I hear a difference, but I don't think it's necessarily better" in that context/environment would be like showing up to the hospital and refusing to say your friends new baby is beautiful. 

 

This is you projecting your thoughts/ideas onto how you think you or others might behave.

 

This is also an excellent example of why if you had actually been there and met the people and actually knew Roy you would know Roy encourages honest feedback and opinions.

 

miketn

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ODS123 said:

 

Worthless?  ..Well, almost.

 

Look, if I was invited to the Klipsch mothership by it's chief engineer for the unveiling of their newest CW, I would have excitedly accepted the offer - like anyone here would.   I would have enjoyed the presentation, the music, and the camaraderie.  But that hardly passes as an environment where people are able to make an unbiased assessment of what they are hearing.   To say "I don't hear a difference" or "I hear a difference, but I don't think it's necessarily better" in that context/environment would be like showing up to the hospital and refusing to say your friends new baby is beautiful. 

 

 

OK ODS you don't even have an idea what the gathering was for. It was about crossover design and Roy used 3rd gen and 4th gen speakers to demonstrate Linkwitz Riley and Butterworth and DB slopes effect on sound. It was not about selling us on new stuff as you so arrogantly assume. Do you realize how silly you sound?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dave A said:

OK ODS you don't even have an idea what the gathering was for. It was about crossover design and Roy used 3rd gen and 4th gen speakers to demonstrate Linkwitz Riley and Butterworth and DB slopes effect on sound. It was not about selling us on new stuff as you so arrogantly assume. Do you realize how silly you sound?

 

He also doesn’t know that it was a Chief Bonehead Education Class sponsored by the Klipsch Museum of Audio History that we all paid to participate in. It wasn’t Klipsch trying to sell us on any particular model but instead to give us first hand experience of the work and advancements that Roy has done.

 

miketn

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Forgot to mention we PAID to be there so we are more brainwashed then you first assumed.

 

Also forgot to mention that some of us design audio equipment professionally, so we are quite familiar with what is :pwk_bs: and what is not.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...