Buchardt I 150 The innovative Amp with Hypex Encore Modules . The perfect match for Cornwall IV

MicroMara

Many of my German Klipsch friends have always criticized the bass potential of the CW IV, have tried endless SS or tubeamps. Now there seems to be an amplifier from Denmark that really lifts the CW IV into the sky.  All those who run this amp with the CW IV are more than thrilled.

F Y I only ...could be that the one or other allready knows ....

Buchart.thumb.jpg.aa99793d1ca4c0c482f72513e4d906b7.jpg

Buchardt3.jpg.7109cc199dc6da26b9ed29cf1f102712.jpg

1089068987_Buchardt2.jpg.e75bd48aa56ba4df208095d15c9486a7.jpg

1275072775_Buchardt1.jpg.a837403990a25d3ece07392b427e4dc6.jpg

For furher information .......you can order directly from the Buchardt Company

https://buchardtaudio.com/collections/accessories/products/i150-integrated-amplifier

21 hours ago, Schu said:

Any Class D will make that speaker THUMP with massive transient response.

That I will agree although all Class D, similar to Class AB or pure Class A presents different flavors. I believe my current Hypex nCores stand above the Wyred4Sound mAmps I once owned. And the latest and greatest Hypex Purifi supposedly stands above nCore. And on it goes - 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 4:35 PM, richieb said:

That I will agree although all Class D, similar to Class AB or pure Class A presents different flavors. I believe my current Hypex nCores stand above the Wyred4Sound mAmps I once owned. And the latest and greatest Hypex Purifi supposedly stands above nCore. And on it goes - 

Can you tell me whose manufacturing class D amps with  hypex Purifi Modules

@parlophone1 

That´s what my friends are saying .....

You have a 1a metal remote control, of course, which lights up in response to movement. The app is very simple. You can make settings via the RC.

133238642_BuchardtRC.jpg.1783a74ebf620618737a1130b372971a.jpg

You use the cell phone (iphone) for the calibration. And it's not as much of a science as with other programs. You start the test tone and then just walk around the room with the phone in your hand. It takes 60 seconds and that´s it. So it's all very simple and convenient.

You drag the app onto your Iphone and then connect via Bluetooth:

Buchardt1.jpg.f02fca3b9e84e31d17f8132dcbcaa602.jpg

At the bottom of the screen you see 3 "pages" from which you can choose. I have photographed 2 of them. On the picture with the speakers, for example, you can set the volume of both speakers and at the bottom of the screen via the slider the 20-step intensity of the aurally correct volume. I have this set on level 3 from 20. Sufficient for me to have a decent level im my 22 square meter listening room.

Buchardt4.jpg.f910d7304454bc0b599c8aaa8fd926b9.jpg

The second picture shows the measurement by cell phone. This is very easy. You press Room EQ, start the test sound, walk around the room for 60 seconds and hold the microphone of the cell phone in the direction of the speaker: done. You do NOT connect an external microphone to the amplifier, align it to the millimeter, etc... everything is done easily and in a jiffy. The app sends the measurement/correction to the amplifier. Then you can turn the correction on and off with a single click. With Manual EQ, you can continue to correct manually by hand. You can also turn the amplifier on and off and select the source via the app on the Iphone.

The technical development of amplifiers with all their modern features not only makes them very easy to use, but also saves a lot of money so that you don't have to invest in room acoustic tratments anymore.

So far so good ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Schu said:

class D = extremely high damping factor.

So why do use tubes than ? if Class D is sooo good . I´ll tried some Class D Mono amps , but they weren´t with Hypex nCore or Hypex Purifi Modules , they didn´t convinced me at all against my SS and Tube gear

So room correction works then 🙂.

I have read the info on Buchardt site about the logic they used. Not going into details but it matches what ChrisA wrote about Schroeder frequency in listening rooms. Today many manufacturers present theories on how their products improve things and make their equipment more convenient for the users. Many of them are also failing to do much of what was advertised. It is nice to see a product that hits the right spot and actually do what manufacturer says it will do.

And about high damping factor, shouldn't built in room correction solve this if it present an issue to particular system, at least partially?