HERITAGE Pro-Media???!!!

Coytee

I literally just saw/found these (so pardons if this is old hat)

https://www.klipsch.com/products/promedia-heritage-2-1-multimedia-speaker-system

I've said for years, Klipsch needs to make something like the Pro Media's in the image of mini LaScalas or mini Khorns (my personal desire) and now, viola, here they are in what look similar to Heresy's or Cornwalls...

I love them.  Kudos to Klipsch and it's about time!!

I've got a pair of Pro Media's on my desk right now......I've got a backup set in a closet (from 2nd computer that's gone).  When these all die, this next version is on my list.

• Like 2

Those actually look pretty good.  I guess that spring clips are suitable for that price range, along with the wood-grained vinyl cabinets.  That's still better than the first system I had, with wood-coloured plastic cabinets, and a receiver with 2.2 watts per channel.  There were no subwoofers back then, so the early Seventies sound was pretty wimpy, unlike what this kit could sound like.  It's got the look; let's just hope it's got the sound, or an acceptable facsimile.

8 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Dang dude, you must be old as dirt....  :emotion-14:

There was no dirt yet, so our clothes stayed clean (no getting soiled, right?).  And you don't sweat during an Ice Age.  It was a simpler time...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Islander said:

There was no dirt yet, so our clothes stayed clean (no getting soiled, right?).  And you don't sweat during an Ice Age.  It was a simpler time...

Touche' sir, well played.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

They look great, sound very good... unfortunately the software makes them practically unusable for the intended purposes.

They don't seem to have a "wake on input" option, so you have to start your source, then power on the speakers.  They also shut off periodically while streaming music... so you have to power them back on periodically.

Bluetooth seems to lose it's connection on shut down, so they need to be paired almost every time you want to use a BT source.

Even an "always on, never shut off" option would be a help...

Pity really, because they really make nice desktop speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

I just kept my original Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's and replaced the satellites with a pair of ADS L200E's.  What a difference!  These were the best of th ebest when it came to mini speakers and they are even just a tad smaller than the Klipsch satellite.  They sold for about $350/pr new and can be had for $100 or less online used.  You will not be disappointed at all.

ADS L200E.jpg

Some Realistic Minimus 7 speakers would work great, also. Great sound for their size, and cast aluminum enclosures. I knew some vocalists who used them on mic stands as monitors on stage. Way before in ear monitoring took hold.

• Like 1