Klipsch Chorus Risers

dtr20

22 hours ago, dtr20 said:

I just picked up a pair of chorus speakers and noticed that the risers had extra bracing that I've never seen in Klipsch speakers before. Anyone want to weigh in? Thanks

4 hours ago, dtr20 said:

I just picked up a pair of chorus speakers and noticed that the risers had extra bracing that I've never seen in Klipsch speakers before. Anyone want to weigh in? Thanks

Yes, they should have kept that in the Chorus II riser as well I don't know how many times I've carried them by myself and felt the riser flex and even make sounds like it might pop loose they are just too heavy to use them as handles without the plywood brace like in the Chorus 1. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Yes, they should have kept that in the Chorus II riser as well I don't know how many times I've carried them by myself and felt the riser flex and even make sounds like it might pop loose they are just too heavy to use them as handles without the plywood brace like in the Chorus 1. 

Was this only on the chorus? I don't remember seeing that on my old forte 1 speakers, but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, dtr20 said:

Was this only on the chorus? I don't remember seeing that on my old forte 1 speakers, but I could be wrong.

Chorus 1 is the only speaker I've seen with the plywood brace and I've owned several of each forte 1 & II, Quartets and both Choruses over the years. 

• Like 2