Jump to content

Listening/Media room


Recommended Posts

finally getting this listening room finished up.  Just need to get another audio rack to get all the stereo equipment together and make room for the Klipsch RC64 center under the 85" samsung.   Really enjoying the vinyl again.  Never thought i would enjoy it to this extreme, but it is sounding very good.   After listening to digital on a sony C333ES for nearly 20 years and then the last year on a Marantz SA8005 player i really didn't expect to be wowed by vinyl too much.   Yes, it is a different sound, analog vs digital, but i very much like it. The more i listen, the more i like it.  Catchy.   Currently using a VPI prime plus with a Ortophon black 250 MM.  Can't wait to upgrade to the MC cartridge. Looking at the AT ATR9xi.  Although this Ortophon Black 250 sounds very nice, it is lacking just a touch of the details that i get from the Marantz sacd player, but again the vinyl does sound very good.   Big thanks again to Kevin for initially setting up this TT and schooling me on this vinyl stuff.    

meadia room 3.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, mopardave said:

finally getting this listening room finished up.  Just need to get another audio rack to get all the stereo equipment together and make room for the Klipsch RC64 center under the 85" samsung.   Really enjoying the vinyl again.  Never thought i would enjoy it to this extreme, but it is sounding very good.   After listening to digital on a sony C333ES for nearly 20 years and then the last year on a Marantz SA8005 player i really didn't expect to be wowed by vinyl too much.   Yes, it is a different sound, analog vs digital, but i very much like it. The more i listen, the more i like it.  Catchy.   Currently using a VPI prime plus with a Ortophon black 250 MM.  Can't wait to upgrade to the MC cartridge. Looking at the AT ATR9xi.  Although this Ortophon Black 250 sounds very nice, it is lacking just a touch of the details that i get from the Marantz sacd player, but again the vinyl does sound very good.   Big thanks again to Kevin for initially setting up this TT and schooling me on this vinyl stuff.    

meadia room 3.jpg

Couple more

FBC26EB4-8261-473B-9B9C-F9D99D81771B.jpeg

D78C7836-9113-4C66-B65B-1CA072A41B7D.jpeg

7A6B13AA-E29A-412C-937B-304AA3CFA6DE.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wuzzzer said:

You've got plenty of room for a third Cornwall or a Heresy for a center.

Where would i put it?   I thought the RC64 would fit perfect under the tv and the reviews re pretty good for that center.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Where would i put it?   I thought the RC64 would fit perfect under the tv and the reviews re pretty good for that center.

 

Right in the middle.  You said you're already getting another audio rack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

 

Right in the middle.  You said you're already getting another audio rack.

Yes, I'm keeping everything i currently have and adding another rack next to the stereo rack under the window.   The media cabinet stays and the RC64 can set on top of it.  Sorry for the confusion.   I just need something for my TT and i think i found something that matches my current stereo rack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad you like vinyl again. It is funny how people easily discard this outdated medium. But mostly when I see such opinion, they are comparing pretty good digital components with old turntables, cartridges and mediocre or non phono premaps. That was my opinion also at the beginning. But I heard a good vinyl system and talked to guys that know this stuff. Yes, going vinyl usually means buying more expensive equipment than digital would cost. But it pays off at the end if one like going that route.

My Kuzma Stabi S TT with 12 inch tonearm and entry level MC Benz cart sound at least as good as digital and then some. And then, the quality of the recording makes a difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, Higher end equipment is needed to compete with digital.  The sound is a bit warmer with vinyl as well.   I went thru quite a few albums this past weekend and the only one that sounded compressed was Rolling Stones sticky fingers.    I think i will be with vinyl for a long time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still waiting on a media console and two chairs that are supposed to arrive late June. I've got my fingers crossed that they will show up sooner, but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, I have my turntable, CD player, and 1060 piled on the floor across the room. My Node and the Aiyama amp are the only things I can use for now. Needless to say, I'm jealous of almost everyone who has everything set up an operating...LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, kevinmi said:

Dave, the room is looking great! I'm gonna have to make a road trip to check it out when its all done.

Absolutely.   It will be done real soon.  I bought another stereo rack to match my current one.  This way i can get the TT together with the rest of the audio equipment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...