Advice: Klipsch Heresy I - $600

Tanner.

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Yes even in Utah but, be ready for a road trip...lol !

Find something, run it by someone here or trust your instincts...

Yes, I am starting to realize that a road trip may be needed! Not a bad thing though!

I really appreciate everyone’s advice! I had never posted on a forum, this was the first time, but everyone was so helpful! It can be difficult purchasing things secondhand, especially not knowing exactly what to look for, so having a community to run these things by is extremely valuable! 

• Thanks 2

@Tanner.I made a 7 hour round trip for mine after talking to the lady on the phone about them.  She told me the entire story and they were everything she said they were.  She sold them when she told me that their grands were now crawling and climbing and she'd be sick if they damaged them.  I agreed.  Nice home and good peeps so I made the trip.  They actually popped up on fb Marketplace.  That was 4-5 years ago though.  Today they'd be gone in a day I'm sure.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tanner. said:

Yes, I am starting to realize that a road trip may be needed! Not a bad thing though!

I really appreciate everyone’s advice! I had never posted on a forum, this was the first time, but everyone was so helpful! It can be difficult purchasing things secondhand, especially not knowing exactly what to look for, so having a community to run these things by is extremely valuable! 

Like Dave is saying... Have cash on hand and be ready. You can PM members here for any questions or concerns.

Welcome!

• Thanks 1

Make sure all the drivers are working properly. Horn drivers usually are OK or totally blown with no sound, woofer are just as likely to be damaged, overheated with voice coils rubbing etc. as they are to have a total no sound failure. At low volume listen to each driver with your ear close enough to it to isolated sound from other drivers masking a failure.

Have people seen what Heresy's are going for on feebay and Reverb? People are asking and sometimes getting big bucks for Heresy's. Where can one purchase Heresy's for $400-$500 in good shape that are all original? Even locally there's one seller that wants $600 for a pair of KP-201's (with, allegedly, all original drivers) and they need to be cleaned up. Heresy I and II are going for around $850 in good shape. If someone finds a pair for $400-$500 let ME know! LOL

38 minutes ago, Gorquin said:

Where can one purchase Heresy's for $400-$500 in good shape that are all original?

Keep an eye on CL and don't count out eBay...I picked up a great pair of original owner Heresy II's with stands and audiophile speaker wire for $80. (ad read like it was just for the stands)...helpful to have RSS and saved searches set up...these don't last long at the good prices.

Also search for misspelled brand like Kliscph, Klispch...more likely to find some that have been passed on, inherited, etc.

Just my 2 cents...