La Scala parts? or BIG project $450 OBO Maryland

Dunkeytron

• Dunkeytron changed the title to La Scala parts? or BIG project $450 OBO Maryland

Klipsch  Lascala Industrial   ,Complete ,   late 70's , early  80's , with handles ,  self powered / SS 100 watt Mono  Amplifier mounted to the right side of each speaker  .

the mids -HF  tone controls are placed  on the crossover   , so  either PA or ex -Organ Church speakers   .

• Like 1

I look at them thinking how the original owners used them as a tool dragging them around for many a concert. Old Soldiers that could tell many a story. That was what LaScala's were originally supposed to be, a tool for musicians. Worth bringing back to life for someone with the ability. I enjoyed seeing them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henry4841 said:

I look at them thinking how the original owners used them as a tool dragging them around for many a concert. Old Soldiers that could tell many a story. That was what LaScala's were originally supposed to be, a tool for musicians. Worth bringing back to life for someone with the ability. I enjoyed seeing them. 

That is what I was thinking when I saw these, "man if those things could talk". Somebody needs to save these.

If I decide to buy them I'll do the Rat Rod route with anything that needs replacement/repair other than the cabinets. In fact unless they've got real problems I'll just listen to them for awhile and see what I like/don't like. They have soul and I am single. :D It'd be cool to have something that looks that aged/rough and sounds so good. I've got the class D bug so it would suit that just fine. Be a 4 hour round trip.

Hmmmmm.....Can I pay with PayPal w/o an account?

14 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Also do I have to have a farcebook account? I don't and do not want one.

Maybe not. Try it and see. As far as paying, you and the seller probably both have Zelle in your bank accounts. It's fast and free. I used it to buy my La Scalas at $600, and they are a work in progress.

26 minutes ago, geezin' said:

If I decide to buy them I'll do the Rat Rod route with anything that needs replacement/repair other than the cabinets. In fact unless they've got real problems I'll just listen to them for awhile and see what I like/don't like. They have soul and I am single. :D It'd be cool to have something that looks that aged/rough and sounds so good. I've got the class D bug so it would suit that just fine. Be a 4 hour round trip.

Looks like a crusty old barn find, but sounds like heaven.

Mix in a subtle subwoofer signal and youre good to go.

They remind me of this car I recorded last year...

26 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Get the Topping PA5 for class D with no regrets.

Agree with a poster above, that all I see are stories!  I would enjoy having them for that reason alone.  I have my LS behind a theater screen and they are very nice.  I could just as well have a beat up pair and save a grand or two.   Hmmm.  😈