Pair of P-17b's for sale via Audiogon

DanSoloRocker

48 minutes ago, Schu said:

I was looking at those. I want a pair... but I am not sure I want to pay more than they were for sale from the factory.

There is a pair for sale in Belgium for 1400 euros ($1475+/-). HiFi shark will take you there. Or use it for bargaining. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schu said:

I was looking at those. I want a pair... but I am not sure I want to pay more than they were for sale from the factory.

Yes, they are more than the half-retail factory blowout when the line was discontinued.  However, when I was going through my Palladium buying spree a while back, I found that the average going rate on used market for Palladiums was still at or just under half of the original retail price (essentially around the blowout price).  I have three pairs of P-17B ($4,000/pair retail) and the prices that I paid per pair were $1800, $1900, and $2100.  They got more expensive over time.  Palladiums also appear on the used market in the US much less often than they used too when I was buying.  So, they may be commanding higher prices as their rarity increases.  You could try making an offer and see what happens.