speaker stacking

Moh

On 5/11/2022 at 1:56 PM, KT88 said:

If the speakers are 4 ohms is it possible to connect them in series to reach a 8ohms load?

That would work, but the signal would be affected by each speaker's crossover. Putting woofers in parallel/series would have a more predictable result.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:46 PM, garyrc said:

image.png.98635a641a713dcda5226ff53030dc72.png

I haven't been able to duplicate its beautiful, complex sound, even with a room almost exactly the same size, treated with different configurations ranging from very live to very dead.  (P.S. My parents originally designed the house, and my dad built it.  When he was almost done, every member of  the family drove one symbolic nail)

A stunninly beautiful room (and the rest of the house surely matches...).

Just Wow!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My thought:

Instead of spending money on a matching set of speakers to run 2 sets, spend the equivalent money (or more if you have it) on a subwoofer. (There are a lot of great used ones out there if you want to keep costs down.)  This will give you more bang for your buck and likely a broader frequency reproduction.  This will also remove some of the low end duty from your current speakers and shift that responsibility to the subwoofer.  As a result, your overall sound should improve if you take a moment to blend the system together (crossover point, positioning of the sub, levels, etc.)

Since you stated you don't listen at higher volumes, there is no need to have 4 speakers instead of 2.  If you were going for pure loudness, 4 speakers would accomplish this, but also introduce some of the other issues other's have already mentioned.

I hope this helps.

• Like 2