R-10SW Sub Woofer

JimmyG

The green power LED light on the front of the speaker stays on 24/7 I have the switch on back of sub set to Auto On and receiver off. I returned the first one thinking it was defective but the new one I just received does the same thing. I even unplugged the cable from the sub to the receiver but the light still stays on. I get the impression when reading the Power LED Indicator section in the booklet, this light is suppose to turn off after 15 minutes with no signal. Cable is connected to LFE output on the sub and L/LFE input on back of receiver. Anyone experience this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 9:50 AM, JimmyG said:

The green power LED light on the front of the speaker stays on 24/7 I have the switch on back of sub set to Auto On and receiver off. I returned the first one thinking it was defective but the new one I just received does the same thing. I even unplugged the cable from the sub to the receiver but the light still stays on. I get the impression when reading the Power LED Indicator section in the booklet, this light is suppose to turn off after 15 minutes with no signal. Cable is connected to LFE output on the sub and L/LFE input on back of receiver. Anyone experience this?

Mine behaves the same. A non issue for  me though since access is not restricted and I'd much rather power off manually anyway.  

I wouldn't leave it on though. I think there was a discussion here about burnt caps or boards and the like from them being left powered on all the time. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in. 

• Like 1