My first integrated amp... Suggestions?

Hawkeye_a

1 minute ago, Hawkeye_a said:

Yup. Would like to use these things in the US & Australia(eventually) so 110-240V is a requirement.

Yes, think I remember now.

Yes, I always check my units ability to run a speaker load by feeling of the amp near the transformer typically near the electric power cord input for reasonably warm heat to the touch as a safeguard.

Think your unit will run cool after playing with it for a bit.

• 1 year later...

Hi folks,

Been using the Sprout100 with my ForteIVs, and while it is well designed and functional, it is lacking in a few areas. (No way to change the source input via remote-control, no HDMI eARC, and maybe a bit under-powered for the ForteIVs(?))

I came across the NAD c3050, which seems to address all the limitations of the Sprout100 and then some. I was wondering if the power output would suit the Forte IVs? or if there's anything else about it that would make it unsuitable to use with the Fortes?

https://nadelectronics.com/product/c-3050-stereophonic-amplifier/

Cheers

Edited by Hawkeye_a

5 hours ago, Hawkeye_a said:

Hi folks,

Been using the Sprout100 with my ForteIVs, and while it is well designed and functional, it is lacking in a few areas. (No way to change the source input via remote-control, no HDMI eARC, and maybe a bit under-powered for the ForteIVs(?))

I came across the NAD c3050, which seems to address all the limitations of the Sprout100 and then some. I was wondering if the power output would suit the Forte IVs? or if there's anything else about it that would make it unsuitable to use with the Fortes?

https://nadelectronics.com/product/c-3050-stereophonic-amplifier/

Cheers

I have found NAD, at least the older stuff excellent. 🙂