Jump to content

DIY: ProMedia 2.1 Bluetooth Repair (no speaker output)


JeffC

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 11:03 PM, JeffC said:

Repair summary is:

Replace C22 on the circuit board with a new 50V 22uF capacitor.

 

I fixed 2 sets with the same problem.

 

Hi JeffC, thanks for sharing, it's a big effort to investigate and create the document explaining in detail.

 

I measured the MUTE Vs and I get 19.98v, I tested the C22 capacitor without removing it and it was not in short circuit, once removed it had 10.42 uF only.

 

After replacing it my speakers are back to life.

Edited by LuisG
Repair completed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing this JeffC. I have one to repair but it was worked on previously. R48 and R12 are burnt. Can anyone share the values with me please? R12 looks like a 2R2 and R48 looks like 10R0, one of the large caps was replaced with a 6800uF... seems like a lower capacitance. A clear picture of the amplifier board would be excellent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Big shoutout to JeffC, found this thread after searching trying to find a solution to why the speakers stopped working with sub ok. Replaced c22 capacitor as recommended, but now I have the opposite problem: L and R speakers working but no bass from the sub. Everything plugged in, but almost looks burnt on the circuit board in r30 and g1. Not sure if this is the issue or even fixable since it’s the board and not a wire or capacitor. Anyone else with sub issue after replacing c22 for speakers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another happy camper.... My ProMedia 2.1 (non-BT) speakers stopped working some time ago. I was about to look for replacements then thought that I should check for a solution online. (I despise throwing out electronics) After coming across this thread yesterday, I ordered some 50V 22uF capacitors from Amazon. They arrived late this afternoon so I pulled the circuit board and tried out my soldering skills, hoping that I wasn't doing more harm than good. It worked as prescribed. Now I've got the sub on a power bar with a switch so I can turn the set off while not in use. Hopefully I'll get a few more years out of the "system". Thanks JeffC!  YOU ROCK!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...