RP-600M II is out - first video review

wvu80

• 4 weeks later...

That fella can talk non-stop and he's careful with how he characterizes his thoughts also.

Changed my like to a thanks @wvu80. This was one of the things that helped me and I can say he was honest about it. Vocals are good for an itty-bitty Klipsch (Heresy are small speakers to me). But these can not be confused with a Heritage product. 

Listened to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjI8VQXutEQ&list=PLNjRYW-OT9mYyM05GXEMDnRF63wmDOsty     Sting singing that is not overly engineered 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFx__GfJHWw      Imogen Heap has a sultry voice   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXE_K2Kpoqc        a couple minutes in when they perform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8dCGIm6yc&list=OLAK5uy_mT184dPxFrqGAXz3obc6L7-elEiAEa2eQ&index=2    the resonance in their voices come through nice and clear

That's just the first go-round haven't done DSotM or Ann & Nancy acoustic stuff yet. Did listen again to recent Depeche Mode in the youtube thread. The piano on Moonlight Sonata not classically done still sounds very much like a piano in this room would. I'm using these on my new pc that is better than my first component stereo system was, it's all digital except the hybrid tube amps though. The sound quality of the mid to high range is what I was missing, along with imaging. Nice to have that again!

So all that he mentions above about the "kinder, gentler Klipsch speaker" :P is about what Klipsch horn-loaded haters seemed to always rant about. Wasn't that their complaint forever? The horn driven mids and highs especially.

It is a very neutral, balanced sounding speaker. The treble is not skimped on.

After thirty two years of listening to Heresy IIs then Forte IIIs I really don't "get" those people. I love the horn loaded Klipsch Heritage sound.

For the price the RP-600M IIs are great with my sub dialed up to 45hz right now and the volume at -28.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Emile

I'm in a real-life purgatory the past year, most all of what I've collected over my life is stored 250 miles north of me. Used car prices doubled last summer when I sold the estate, housing then doubled out of my reach. Stuck in a place I loathe... So our friend in KY had the first version at a good price. After reading about the improvements in this little pair I looked to see what I could get elsewhere without any transportation or help from my ex-next-of-kin.

Rant Truncated & Over.

Just going with what I can procure at the time and put some joy back in my soul.

this is fun:

:smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

After thirty two years of listening to Heresy IIs then Forte IIIs I really don't "get" those people. I love the horn loaded Klipsch Heritage sound.

For the price the RP-600M IIs are great with my sub dialed up to 45hz right now and the volume at -28.

Agree with you on all counts.  👍

• Like 2

I ordered a pair of the 600-II's for my brother from Paducah should be in Wednesday I'm trading them straight across for his pair of KLF-30's he no longer has room for. I was looking at the heavily discounted original 600's at first but wanted him to have the latest and greatest technology as he'll likely not upgrade for many years. I'm very curious to hear these after all the great reviews. I'm also going to hook him up with my RSL Speedwoofer 10 MK-II as I no longer use it in my system hopefully they'll match up well. 

• Like 2

@jjptkd I did not mention the bass response because it is what I'd expected from the specifications. 

But I did have to move them out from the corners a little when I had them running all by themselves. With the sub I'm pleased with the improvement, and enjoyed for six hours or so yesterday. Topped the evening off with "The Power to Believe" by the last variant of King Crimson!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1