Power strips??

Where's a good place to look/source some rock solid power strips? Let's say a six-ish strip or block that's solid, no "circuit breaker/conditioner", in other words the kind that you would hook up an amplifier to (where you want nothing limiting the current pull from the receptacle). Looking to "multiply"/extend a couple of outlets that would make my two audio installs go easier. All I see in most places are cheap plastic stuff or "surge protectors" mounted into super cheap hardware, looking for "outlet strip" that will serve rock solid electrical purposes with no bells/whistles or "snake oil".

Ideas??

Not sure why you wouldn't want something to protect your gear.

These are "rock solid", built like a tank, and work very well.  No snake oil, no BS.

https://www.amazon.com/Furman-SS6B-Power-Conditioner/dp/B0002D017M/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3JCTXSTX6DYC9&keywords=furman%2Bpower%2Bstrip&qid=1652728353&sprefix=furman%2Caps%2C89&sr=8-3&th=1

7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Not sure why you wouldn't want something to protect your gear.

These are "rock solid", built like a tank, and work very well.  No snake oil, no BS.

https://www.amazon.com/Furman-SS6B-Power-Conditioner/dp/B0002D017M/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3JCTXSTX6DYC9&keywords=furman%2Bpower%2Bstrip&qid=1652728353&sprefix=furman%2Caps%2C89&sr=8-3&th=1

I have always been told to plug amplifiers into the wall directly, whereas the other, lower current draw and digital-gear would do well on one of these type of units. I have a Panamax I use for that sort of gear on the HT but was asking in this case about "hard strips only" without anything else because it was my understanding that for amplifiers that's the best approach..

That said I'm all ears for the other options including protection but was told not to do this for power amps. I'll listen/read more opinions here....

I don't have any experience with the kind of power strips you are describing but I searched Amazon "power strips commercial" and saw several which might meet your needs, including a medical grade power strip.

• Like 1

I did something like babadono did for my work bench.  If you use plastic boxes, it will look less industrial.  I would use 12 gauge wire, minimum.  Stranded wire will be more flexible. 

• Like 1

Have seen what lightening can  do to A/V equipment without protection and with a 100 dollar strip that saved alot of equipment while sacrificing itself to smithereens. Just makes sense in Florida and others. Did not sell Panamax to others, but recommended use of protection to customers.

Using a 50 dollar Belkin at the moment. Plenty of plug ins.

Phone landlines, coaxial cables on some models.

Lots online about joules.

• Like 2

Tripp-Lite may have just what you’re looking for.  Their Isobar Ultra surge protectors are intended for commercial office use, where electrical noise from printers and other devices can cause problems in other components on the same circuit.  In audio systems, power line noise from Class D power amplifiers can be picked up by other components and enter the signal path.  To reduce or eliminate this noise, the Isobar Ultra units have filter banks in an additive configuration.  That means that as the sockets get farther from the power inlet, more filter banks come into play.  On the 6-socket model, that means the last two sockets have 3 filter banks, while the far-end sockets on the 8-socket model get their power through 4 filter banks.

In my system, I use an Isobar Ultra 6 for the two Class D power amplifiers, the all-region DVD player, and the left subwoofer.  An Isobar Ultra 8 powers the AVR, the digital processor, the Blu-ray player, the turntable, the TV, and the right subwoofer.

After installing them, the first thing I noticed was that the blacks on the TV screen were noticeably darker, so I was pleased with that.  I hadn't realized that electrical 'hash' would be apparent on a video screen, visibly raising the noise floor.  That implies that that same hash raises the audio noise floor as well.  Luckily, these surge protectors are made to specifically attack this problem.

One last point:  the Isobar Ultra power strips have metal housings, since they’re intended for commercial use, and they look the part.  They look to have high quality construction and come with long power cords (especially the Ultra 8 model), along with a ‘Power On’ light and three diagnostic LEDs.  I got mine at an electrical supply shop.

EDIT:  I see that Randy posted something similar while I was typing this reply.  So that makes at least two of us who recommend the Tripp-Lite units.  The ones that I use are not rack mount models.  They’re light grey and sit on the floor, and the sockets are on the top.  They can also be mounted on a wall or other vertical surface.

The 6 outlet model:  https://www.tripplite.com/isobar-6-outlet-surge-protector-6-ft-cord-3300-joules-diagnostic-leds~ISOBAR6ULTRA

The 8 outlet model:  https://www.tripplite.com/isobar-8-outlet-surge-protector-12-ft-cord-3840-joules~ISOBAR8ULTRA

• Like 1