Something "Big Announcement"

RLink

Was really hoping it was going to be a high quality subwoofer since the current line-up is just not up to par with competition.  

Really disappointed and just don't understand why Klipsch does not manufacture a subwoofer in Hope that would pair well with the Heritage line.  Price is not a concern for this loyal fan base of which I'm included.  Just don't get it?

What happened to The Beast?

• Like 3

Klipsch sells Heritage speakers for lots of money and I mean lots of money.  Excellent build and sound quality, painfully obvious that subwoofers are not in the game plan.  Just imagine if it was, what it would look and sound like, We Can Dream Can't We!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, RLink said:

Klipsch sells Heritage speakers for lots of money and I mean lots of money.  Excellent build and sound quality, painfully obvious that subwoofers are not in the game plan.  Just imagine if it was, what it would look and sound like, We Can Dream Can't We!!!!

I own two SVS SB 16 Ultras, trust me, it would not be easy to best them but Klipsch could and I would swap them out in an instant.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RLink said:

Klipsch sells Heritage speakers for lots of money and I mean lots of money.

....  klipsch does have an non powered 1802 Sub , big , ugly and strong enough  to rattle the foundations or your fillings ,  for  a few thousand dollars , you'll only ever need 1  , 2 would be insane .......hands down , cinema theater quality

• Like 1

The size of a horn load subwoofer would be prohibitive for most of us.

You're limited by physics so there's not much that can be done to differentiate one brand from another.

Probably the only improvement to Klipsch subs I see would be veneer finished sub cabinets that match the finish of Heritage line speakers, including matching veneer on the motor board.

• Like 2

The 1802 subwoofer is certainly a beast, and the slightly smaller prototype 1502 (of which just a few were produced) comes close to it in performance, but they are a good demonstration of just how big high performance horn loaded subwoofers have to be.  I believe you can order an 1802 anytime, but you have to supply your own amplifier and crossover.  It’s aimed at the cinema owner and maybe the dance club owner, not the home listening enthusiast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 4:15 AM, Peter P. said:

The size of a horn load subwoofer would be prohibitive for most of us.

You're limited by physics so there's not much that can be done to differentiate one brand from another.

Probably the only improvement to Klipsch subs I see would be veneer finished sub cabinets that match the finish of Heritage line speakers, including matching veneer on the motor board.

They need to go with quality amplification-- I had a R-112sw sub awhile back and thought it was decent especially for the price and size and the auto on feature quit working after less than 2 months luckily I was able to just send it back for a refund as stories of complete amp failures on that model are all over the internet. 

One of my favorite all time subs is the RSW-15 if Klipsch could bring that back new and improved that would be awesome I'd probably buy one. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 6:29 PM, RLink said:

It was... Roy designed a slightly smaller versions of the HL-1802 sub, the 1502. Five prototypes were built. They have been sold and are in peoples homes, but haven't gone into the regular production lineup.

This is at Eldon's in Mississippi.  (In the pics - Kevin Harmon (I think), and Roy Delgado)

1502_01.JPG

1502_02.JPG

1502_03.JPG

• Like 2